Jimmy’ll be turning in his grave………

Re: Jimmy’ll be turning in his grave………

What a travesty in ruining such a great tune - I suppose it will be Whistling Rufus next now that nothing is sacred any more!

what is it? can’t get broadband where i live in county cork would you believe………..

Posted by .

cg.f, trust me--you are better off not knowing. ;>}

Thats awful, where do people get the time to do things like this???? Theyd be better off doin seomthing contructive.

Hilarious!!!

I have to admit, even though it’s one of my favourite tunes, I thought it was hilarious as well.
Wee-weeing myself.

Is that what they call “rap” with the silent “c”?

cg.f if you must see it--click the Pause button on the player and wait for the whole travesty to download, then click Play (assuming you have the required Flash player installed on your computer).

But don’t say I warn you!

**didn’t**

Wee-wee indeed!

I think that’s the first time I’ve actually enjoyed listening to 50 Cent…

that was poor

they should try rapping to Wizards Walk THEN we’ll see how they manage!

Posted .

that’s hilarious, anyone who finds that offensive needs to get a sense of humour.

I get the sense some people actually think that this is a genuine 50 cent record, it’s not, it is a very clever mash-up that some genius came up with. I mean how do you come to realise that a 50 cent record will match up with Jimmy Shand accordion music?!!!!

Posted .

Wonderful. Even the accordion wasn’t too bad.

Fo shizzle, my McNizzles. That clip made me laugh out loud. Someone has a goofy sense of humor.

Now I’m anxiously awaiting the Snoop Dogg / Chieftains McHip-hop release, yo. You know those guys will cut a record with just about anybody. I hear the fist cut is called the Bee-otches of Mount Cisco.

"Yeah yeah, uh, check one two…

You can find me in the PUB, chillin’ with my buds,
Cranking out some tunes and sippin’ on some suds…"

No shindig is half complete without that famous polka beat!

great stuff, whoever did it

Posted by .

pee’d myself as well

that’s awesome

In slightly better taste try playing Morpeth Lasses

https://thesession.org/tunes/1501

with the riff from Stevie Wonder’s Superstition

Works a treat

I thought it was brilliant. Most irreverent, which is what I like, and then to watch all the trad worthies writhing in disgust. 🙂

Yeah, I think we here all saw the funny side though.
If anything (being serious!) it shows the strength of the tradition and our self-confidence about this that we can happily let someone take the p!ss out of our thing and laugh along, which is clearly the intention. Still funny though.

I guess we know now what Vogon ceili music would sound like.

I rather miss sll the hip-hop/“booty” girls bouncing around, though.

TIme for my coffee.
(Ahhhhh!)

Posted by .

Hey Steve, the “Trad worthies” around here used to slag off Jimmy Shand until recently. You can’t be too popular, or too alive for that matter, if you want their approval.

Posted by .

Oh god…. oh lord…. thats the funniest thing ever….. oooh my pants are damp…. oops… 😀

Is nothing sacred anymore? As a Shand devotee I was not appalled but then again, nothing appalls me any more.
Wish I could remember how to write the french for That’s life"

C’est la vie.

I’m a Shand fan also, a stickler for Will Starr, and so on. I still find its remorse irreverence amusing.

remorseless, that is…..

Thanks for alerting me to it Danny, it put a smile on my face early this morning. Very funny, the best 50 Cents recording I’ve heard.

Posted by .

Well, to be honest, before I found this clip I’d never even heard of 50 Cent. And similarly he will drift out of my conscious thoughts as soon as this thread dies. Do you think he’ll be playing as long as Jimmy did? Not that I care. When I mistakenly referred to him as 50 *percent* my daughter laughed saying that’s a better name for him as there’s probably only 50% of him left due to all the gunshot wounds he’s received…but I’m still none the wiser…..

I’ve been wondering lately whatever became of Buckwheat Zydeco.

Zydeco KML! All hail Buckwheat!

"Buckwheat Zydeco (born Stanley Dural, Jr. on November 14, 1947) is an American accordionist and zydeco performer. He is one of the few to achieve mainstream success.

In 1971, he founded Buckwheat & the Hitchhikers, a funk band that he led for five years before switching to zydeco. He began backing Clifton Chenier, one of the most legendary zydeco performers. He set out on his own with The Ils Sont Partis Band; they debuted with One for the Road in 1979 and were nominated for a Grammy Award for “Turning Point” and “Waitin’ for My Ya Ya” (1985) after switching to the Rounder Records label. He soon signed to Island Records, the first zydeco act on a major label, and released On a Night Like This, a critically acclaimed album that was nominated for a Grammy as well. The band soon appeared in The Big Easy.

During the 1990s, Buckwheat Zydeco was less commercially successful than before, and switched labels frequently. The band remain a popular live draw, and continue recording. Buckwheat’s latest album, Jackpot!, was released on June 7, 2005 on the Tomorrow Recordings label.

An especially powerful and haunting version of the Classic “Cryin’ in the Streets” appears on the Benefit album for Hurricane Katrina recovery, “Our New Orleans: A Benefit Album for the Gulf Coast”."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckwheat_Zydeco

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Buckwheat_Zydeco.jpg

(Feigning interest…)
Oh yeah thanks - I checked out a sample - think I prefer Jimmy Shand right enough……….