Ed Wilcox (Mr. Incredibow), RIP

Ed Wilcox (Mr. Incredibow), RIP

I was saddened to learn today that Ed Wilcox, the creator and manufacturer of the Incredibow, died last week of a massive heart attack. According to a post Ed’s wife, Carolyn, made to the Yahoo group for Incredibow users, the Incredibow business will continue.

The family has requested that if anyone wishes to remember Ed, they send small donations to a local animal clinic whose work he supported:

Watson Creek Veterinary Clinic
5020 White Dr
Batesville AR 72501

The clinic provides free or low-cost treatment for animals in a very poor region of Arkansas.

I never had the good luck to meet Ed in person, but as many Incredibow customers did I interacted with him through the Yahoo group and via email. He was a dedicated craftsman and a warm, generous man. He’ll be sorely missed.

Re: Ed Wilcox (Mr. Incredibow), RIP

No - golly - I’m utterly shocked. We’ve spoken to him and we’ve been selling his bows for quite a few years. He was a great experimenter and enjoyed producing new ideas for people to try out. I’d love to have met him.

Ah, sadness, bless his family.

I had the pleasure of knowing Ed Wilcox. He was my therapist for 10+ years or so. He was truly one of a kind. A very unique and interesting individual. Although he had retired recently before he passed away, it was still hard on me as well as his other patients to learn of his passing. Ed taught me so many things about life and how to look at things in different ways that helped me so much. Ed had been down a rough road himself especially after one of his son’s died a few years before Ed did. He was still always there for his patients though while supressing his own sadness inside. Ed loved his music and all of his other projects he always had going. He didn’t seem to ever slow down from what I could tell. He loved making all kinds of unique things with his own hands too. I had met his wife a few times at one of the clinics where she was a nurse at. Even though they were an older couple, you could tell they were very much in love. Sadly not long after Ed passed away, Carolyn passed away also. I don’t know if it was from grief or what happened. I never was able to find out. As long as I live I will never forget Ed and the kindness and care he showed me as a patient of his. Ed really cared about everyone, you could tell he wasn’t a fake. He was so down to earth and genuine. I will never forget him as long as I live, and I am forever grateful that I was blessed in life to have crossed paths with this great man.

I forgot to add… Please if you can, donate to Watson Creek Vet Clinic. Dr. Mark Williams is a wonderful man and he doesn’t charge people an arm and a leg because he knows that most everyone around here is poor If it wasn’t for him they couldn’t afford pet care at the other extremely high priced Vet clinics in the area and many people’s pets would go without treatment, and getting spayed and neutered. Doc Mark makes it possible for the poor people to be able to get good care for their animals. He also makes it possible for people to spay and neuter who otherwise wouldn’t be able to at the high price clinics. Of course this helps control the pet population and cuts down on poor defenseless, homeless and hungry animals. The less number of animals out there that have no one to care for them and are having to fend for themselves cuts back on the number of animal abuse cases. Even small poor town Arkansas isn’t immune to people that are abusive and cruel to any and all animals and it’s so so very sad. Another place around here that could really use some help is the Independence County Humane Society. They have to depend soley on donations and they are always full to capacity with unwanted animals. No amount would be to small so if you can, please reach into your heart and help either of these places if you can at all. I have 6 cats of my own and only get a small monthly income but I still donate when I can. It doesn’t have to be money, blankets, food, and anything else related to pet care would be just fine. Same for Watson Creek too.
Thank You

Independence County Humane Society
5 Invironmental Dr.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-0090