Conor Keane

Conor Keane

I just heard Conor Keane play "Star of Brittany" on ClareFM last Friday night and would like to know more about him. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of information available when I google him. Can someone provide some more info? Thanks!

Re: Conor Keane

Conor is originally from Ennis but lives in Kilmaley, Co Clare. Lovely accordeon player, has several Cds out, latest with Martin O Malley, played with all sorts of bands and people the Tulla, Arcady, George Brassens and you name it . Nice man too.

Posted .

conor keane, gentleman and scholar! he is also a teacher of irish. he has a lovely wife who plays flute. his recordings include "cooley’s house," with several other musicos and full of cool clare tunes, plus a solo, accordion-by-itself record, "Oidhreacht," which is also full of old clare tunes. (my first year at clancy week, when i was so green, he probably helped give me a good couple years of inspiration and practicing momentum by giving me this solo cd with an inscription something like, "from one box player to another."….🙂he spent a chunk of time living in france years ago, and his most recent recording, "Joao de Deus," emphasizes the brittany type stuff you heard on clare fm. below is a link to cool little youtube clip with him playing on it. the keywords are also below in case the link doesn’t work:

traditional irish smooching-for money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0iMdWQv9FI&mode=related&search=

very nice valse…on you tube
french blend in ireland..
great mixt.

Posted by .

Yeah, a Gentleman, a laugh and a great player.

connor Keane playing with George Brassens , one of the best french poetry of last century..

may be when Georges Brassen lived near lézardrieux in brittany
great meeting for the both …!

Posted by .

Conor keane is a fantastic box player.
We are blessed to have him every year at our two festivals in Letterfrack. Absolute gentleman.