Packie Duignan

Packie Duignan

Calling all flute players - the 2nd annual Packie Duignan Traditional week-end takes place next week-end 25, 26, 27 January 2008. It promises to be a great celebration of flute playing and of course all the instruments and a fitting tribute to Packie who was one of the most liked musicians I have ever heard about - he was known the length and breadth of Ireland and was probably one of the last great wandering minstrels.
We send out a big welcome to all from Drumshanbo

Re: Packie Duignan

Hi Deirdre, I’ll be in Drumshanbo at some stage alright but I have to present a set of jerseys at a thing in Drumreilly so I may be a little late. Bast of luck with it. I’m sure, like everything else you organise over there, it will be a mighty weekend.

sounds good! whats planned for the weekend? sessions? concerts? anyone got a programme of events or a website?

thanks Bannerman. Also lots of photos of last year and other Drumshanbo sessions on the site. There will be lots of musicians especially flute players and for the Flute Gathering on Saturday night we will have Seamus Tansey, Peter Horan, Gerry Harrington, Mick Mulvey, and many others.
Sad to hear that Dan Healy from Ballymote who was so wonderful at last years Flute Gathering is recovering from illness at the moment and won’t make this year’s event. Everyone in Drumshanbo wishes him a speedy recovery.

Packie Duignan

Great character from Arigna.
How is the music there, are there still characters in Irish music?