Spongebob Tunes

Spongebob Tunes

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Music#Associated_Production_Music

I have two sons, aged 6 and 8. After hearing "The Dingle Regatta" played on a box during the episode "Squilliam Returns" for the 47th time, I found the above link.

Here’s some others from Spongebob that you may know:

Drunken Sailor, The (of course)
Girl I Left Behind Me, The
Keel Row
Kerry Polka
Rake Hornpipe, The
Tip Top Polka, The
Cliff Polka, The
Tripping Upstairs
Tell Her I Am

Sorry for any I missed on the page. I have a feeling any of you with heads full of tunes may recognize a bunch more.

Now I can finally show people I’m not crazy when I say "I’m sure I’ve heard that one on a Spongebob cartoon…"

Re: Spongebob Tunes

My children have forbidden me from coming anywhere near the TV with my banjo when Spongebob is on.

"But kids, I KNOW that tune! Lemme play along, Pullleeeez?

WTF? These tunes are played on Spongebob? I’ll have to look out for that lol.

Crazy fact then so; the company who produce the Irish Language version of Spongebob for TG4 are Macalla productions: the same company who produced this years gradam ceoil!

Now we know why our fav cartoon character likes jigs.

πŸ™‚

Posted by .

Factoid: My daughter used to do step dance classes with the daughter of the guy who voices Mr. Krabbs.

Clancy Brown / Mr Krabbs - Great Actor as well.

I’m curious if the producers of this cartoon hired regular LA studio musicians to cut these one-off tracks or if they actually dug up a few real trad players.

OK, now my brain really hurts. The Kurgan from "The Highlander" is Mister Krabs AND his daughter does step dance?

I wish I could get these here and I can learn Irish by watching kids’ shows. Check it out:

http://www.tg4.ie/Scei/scei.php

Dora? Wonderpets? Doodlebops? Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends? Wow. That’s about the speed I need my Irish language instruction in, but maybe skip the Dora. The Spanish English thing is enough, forget the Spanish irish thing, that’s still over my head. I need to master the Wonderpets first. πŸ˜›

Jusa Nutter, I got the same problem at my house, with the no playing along with Spongebob allowed. Also, I think they called them ‘stock tracks’ on the wiki-sponge link there. Doesn’t that mean they’re pre-recorded and sitting on a shelf somewhere if someone wants to buy one to use in a show or film? Oh, look at me, I almost know the heck I’m talking about. Not.

Incidentally, I wonder what instruments they would play, if they did play the music? Patrick would play the bodhran, obviously. Doesn’t Sandy already play guitar? I know she’s more of an Old Timey singer/strummer, but I’m sure she could lay some rhythm down for the tuneage and sing some nice crossover song like Mattie Groves or Pretty Peggy from Fife-i-o. Squidward plays clarinet, he’d have to pick up the whistle or flute or something. What about Mr. Pants himself? Could he really manage more than a shaky egg or two? Well, he does run the grill at the Krusty Krab after all. Mr. Krab might play something. Plankton? Would those two be able to stop fighting to play some tunes? Hmm…

You forgot the song! It’s sung to the tune of Blow the Man Down! I like SpongeBob πŸ™‚

Wouldn’t surprise if Clancy Brown step danced. He’s in great shape! I never put it together that he was Mr. Krabs. Who would have thunk it?!

Favorite Spongbob episode - the corporate training film. POOP - People Order Our Patties

yay! spongebob!

POOP - too funny to read that as your favorite, it is the favorite episode of my kids as well. I must have seen it millions of times! It humors me that my children say they "hate my music" and complain about what I play and what events I drag them out to…but yet the addiction to Sponge Bob. Kinda like hiding a pill in peanut butter to get the dog to eat it.

grumblingoldwoman: "POOP - People Order Our Patties"

"Once you understand POOP, you’ll understand your place in the Krusty Krab!" πŸ™‚