ITM scene in Boulder, CO

ITM scene in Boulder, CO

Greetings Sessioneers - have had a few job opportunities open up in Boulder, Colorado. We refuse to go anywhere without a lively ITM scene.

Anyone know anything about ITM happening out in the great state of Colorado? I’ve always had a romantic impression of Boulder as being a good musicians town, but perhaps based solely on the Hot Rize folks who used to (still?) live out there. I’ve seen street musicians galore in my visits, but no ITM. I see one session listed in Boulder and a few in Denver, but they also appear to be several years old.

So what do you know about Boulder??

Re: ITM scene in Boulder, CO

There is a vibrant ITM scene around the Front Range of Colorado (Ft. Collins, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs).

The Sunday session at Conor O’Neills in Boulder is one of the most successful sessions. There are always a multitude of players and punters, and the establishment supports the session. (Even helping fund a studio CD for the session to sell to raise money for lessons, workshops, and concerts). Along with that success comes a sometimes rowdy atmosphere with more players than I generally like in a session.

I hear stories of a new session at a new Scottish pub up in Boulder, but don’t know anything specific…

There are several other Sunday sessions in Denver and Ft. Collins.

Sessions can be found many days of the week as well. Monday at Fado, Wednesday at Scruffy Murphy’s, Thursday at the Cheshire Cat (all in Denver), etc.

Feel free to PM me when you know when you’re going to be here, and I’ll try to help point you to some good stuff.

Oops, I meant Sunday sessions in Denver and Colorado Springs… The Sunday session in Ft. Collins recently stopped…

Thank you kindly, Reverend. If we get out that way I’ll drop you a note.

Go. It’s awesome.

Conor O’Neil’s can get big and fast, but there are some fantastic players at that session and it has great craic.

Rev listed most of the Denver sessions. Denver is close enough that you can easily get there from Boulder, as if Fort Collins if you’re more ambitious. They’re started a new session up in Fort Collins, so it may be up and running successfully by the time you go there.

Boulder is also a really cool wee town. It’s still one of my favorite places to live.

Boulder is also one of the more expensive places to live on the front range- you may want to look at somewhere like Erie or Longmont for buying or renting if you’re working in the
"People’s Republic of Boulder".

Posted by .

我不認識那一個。