Convert ABC for me, please!

Convert ABC for me, please!

This tune is The Bog Man
It’s in Dm and was composed by Joe Murtagh in 1996
The mp3 file was given to me by Theo Page and I transcribed it to this:

Fedf eage|dged cAGE|F3E FGAB|1 ca (3aaa cAG2|2 CAGE EDD2:|!
ad (3ddd bdad|eaag gedg| ec (3ccc AcGc|ABcA cAGc |!
ad (3ddd bdad|eaag gedg| eaag efed | CAGE EDD2:|]

I have a new computer and don’t have ABC2WIN at the moment and would love to post this tune here. Any helpers? You can email me off line and I’ll send you the mp3 file since I don’t know how to attach it here.

Thanks!

Re: Convert ABC for me, please!

Thanks for the link Pere. I tried it, however, and was told there was an error. I checked it a few times and can’t find the error. Guess I need a human eye (other than my own)!

did you put in all the necessary headers (see ABC for any tune on this site for example)

?

Yes. I can figure that part out…
Here’s what I put in there. Maybe you can help out.
T: Bog Man, The
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
R: reel
K: Dmin
Fedf eage|dged cAGE|F3E FGAB|1 ca (3aaa cAG2|2 CAGE EDD2:|!
ad (3ddd bdad|eaag gedg|ec (3ccc AcGc|ABcA cAGc|!
ad (3ddd bdad|eaag gedg|eaag efed|CAGE EDD2:||

So maybe I’ll just redirect this question to someone who would like to help rather than question me.

You need the X header at the beginning:
X:1

did you put in ALLl the necessary headers (see ABC for any tune on this site for example)?

I AM trying to help: you missed out the initial line eg
X:1

Just can’t get good service anywhere these days, eh banjobabe?

domnull, one more customer complaint and you’re fired, buddy!

Posted by .

Thanks Gary - X-post

p.s. my posting of a single ‘?’ was meant to indicate that I had wrongly omitted it at the end of my previous post - it was not intended as anything else

Grego - I’ll try to do better next time🙂
Anyhow, I like to give a (wo)man a fishing-rod, not a fish !

That was helpful. Didn’t know I needed the X:

Thank you.

PS. I don’t fish.

Actually, that was REALLY helpful. w/o ABC2WIN I couldn’t see my results and there were plenty of errors. It’s ready to post now, so I’ll send it on up.

I DO appreciate your help. Really. Thanks.

That means you still have that to experience… There is little finer than line caught fish and cooked up there and then, like out in the toolies camping. ‘Tickled trout’ also… Now there’s fishing ~ tickling trout… Mmmmm, mmmm!!! High mountain lake trount is a real treat too, none of that farmed stuff… 😉

Check your email ~ is it really a double reel? If so, and anyway, your A-part is off, and you don’t need ‘!’ at the end of lines, that’s a particular software’s way with it… Here’s the A with corrections, your basic way with the ABCs ~

fedf eage|dged cAGE|F3E FGAB|cA (3AAA cAG2|
fedf eage|dged cAGE|F3E FGAB|cAGE EDD2:|

Or, if you really wanted it truncated the way you’ve given it you’d need both repeat signs ‘:|’ ~ but that wouldn’t really be good practice with this tune, if it is a double reel, 32 bars. The melody reads more like a single ~

Fedf eage|dged cAGE|F3E FGAB:|1 ca (3aaa cAG2|2 CAGE EDD2:|

I got some help off line and edited it, so the posted tune should be okay. I did away with 1st and 2nd endings in the A part, put in the double repeats and eliminated the ! as suggested. Should be good to go. Give it a try..it’s a fun reel.

for years I didn’t pay attention to these ABC writtings … ‘cause I didn’t understand them. I still don’t but thank to you I can read all these tunes … THANKS A LOT