O’Boobigan’s

O’Boobigan’s

"Come experience the luck of the Irish at O’Boobigan’s, where tasty pub grub, refreshing drinks and a good time are had by all. For a very reasonable price, you can indulge in your favorite treats, from wings, nachos, salads, burgers and sandwiches to fish n’ chips, bangers, snow crabs, quesadillas and more. The bar features countless arrays of ice cold beers on tap and bottles. Indoor and outdoor seating is always available and the casual, laid back atmosphere simply can’t be beat. Stop by today and raise your glass to good food and company at O’Boobigan’s. Slainte!"

O’Boobigan’s Irish Bar and Grill
6250 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33760
P. (727) 535-6130

http://www.rewardsnetwork.com/details.htm?=true&merchantId=90659

May I humbly recommend viewing picture #3?

Yes, it’s a Hooters disguised as an Irish pub. Yes, it’s real, yes, this is a wind-up, no, I’m not giving any opinions. That’s your job. Carry on!

Re: O’Boobigan’s

I WANNA WORK AT O’BOOBIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yee haw. Them thar’s a lovely set of shamrocks. Can a gits a plate of biscuits and gravy with my Guinness?

Our town has also been visited by this curious mixture of Hooters and Ale with the recent establishment of a pub called The Tilted Kilt. It may be a franchise, but the theme is the same. Although it’s pretty hard to top "O’Boobigans for sheer hill-billy hussy value.

mehitabel, you’d make a mint, I’m sure!

Yes Jusa Nutter, despite our best efforts, Florida is still the South. ;-)

Hooters? Don’t (even) go there.

O’Boobigans is 99% evil, 1% good - maybe very slightly less evil if they have a session and provide drinks and food for the musicians

Best
pub
name
ever.

I thought this must be a quote from James Joyce or someone at first. And whatever’s a snow crab?

I wonder what Ken Kesey, Kerouac etc. would have made of Irish theme pubs if they’d been around for them to stumble into at that time, especially under the influence of mind-altering substances.

This takes it beyond "Plastic Paddy"… More like "Silicone Paddy"

I wish that I hadn’t seen this. Now I’m more ashamed/embarrased than ever to be from the states. Are there any software engineering jobs available in the greater UK?

Posted by .

It is rather embarrassing, isn’t it?

But while we’re feeling embarrassed, it’s at least fun to laugh at… In keeping with the Hooter’s theme, I think their logo should look more like this:

http://ntw.net/~reverend/oboobigans.jpg

Wow…I’m typeless…

They could’ve gotten better lookin’ birds than that, surely?

Posted by .

Yuck - the food looks disgusting!

D

Hey, Rev: Did you just create that logo on the fly? I’m impressed! Anyway, as a long-time admirer of females, in whatever variation of form, it WAS fun, as you said.

I think that I’ll get my coat now and go visit the girlfriend. She thought that it was hilarious, BTW.

Posted by .

>> Hey, Rev: Did you just create that logo on the fly?

Nah, I’ve just had it lying around waiting for just this occasion :-P

"I’m looking over a fourleaf clover that I’ve overlooked before…."

Posted .

This might be an opportune time for me to post a recent tune composition, "The Girl at the Gateway Arch."

Posted .

I bet the place goes bust within the first year…..

A totally tactless and disgusting perversion of Irish culture. A place that that will be partonized by hooligans who will not be there for the music.

A sad commentary on what this country is becoming. Titallation for the sake do making money. I am a pretty liberal person, but this pub and its’ name is way over the top. It belongs in FLA.

I am ready for your comments.

Yes, and I suppose Mexicans all of the world rejoice at the celebration that is their culture in "Taco Bell" -

Celtic Guitar, these folks who set up this place seem in no way to be attempting to capture Irish Culture. It seems more like an attempt to capture the drive by truckers who want to drink beer and oogle at white trash boobarellas. I say Yee Haw to their business endevour. As in all stereotypes, there always lies an itchy grain of truth, right?

JNE, that’d be "bidness."

And don’t go dissing Taco Hell—one meal there is worth a month of Ex Lax….

Posted .

Yea verily Puddy Tat - I too have spent many a late night in Toxic Smell, especially on the way home after a gig. I celebrated the Mexican culture by way of a 99 cent bean burrito.

The same will be for SWFL as he cruises home late after a social, only to be pulled into the driveway of O’Boobigans, tempted by the sweet smell of deep fried Guinness chicken hot wings served by a Buxom Southern Belle in stretched green lycra hot pants. Erin Yee Haw, Bragh!

very Bizzare food

I just can’t grasp "Tomw"s assertion that he was now more embarrassed/ashamed to be from the U.S.? I think he might have touched upon a bigger issue than boobies served with a side of chicken wings. I think I’ll start my first thread. This could open up a can of worms though.

Hmmn.

Nice decor, attractive waitstaff, interesting menu.

Where are the snugs?

Posted by .

ah, forget me starting another thread….there’s been plenty written on the topic already. Who wants a beer?

O’B( © )( © )BIGAN"S

I saw it PB, I can’t unsee it, no matter how badly I wish I can.

…and Jusa Nutter, thanks for summing up my average weekend. Those lassies are just thankful there’s a fiddler around who doesn’t play Bluegrass.

…oh, and then the alarm went off, that beautiful Guinness battered wings dream was over, and I had to wake up and go to work. Reality’s always intruding.

Rev, do you want me to try to go sell them that graphic? What’s the asking price? Drop me a line. I get a broker’s fee? ;-)

I think Al’s joke has y’all beat though.

Did I just type "y’all" again? [shakes head sadly]

"Yee haw. Them thar’s a lovely set of shamrocks. Can a gits a plate of biscuits and gravy with my Guinness?"

For the record, no one from the South speaks, or has ever spoken, like this. You obviously know little of Hillbillionics.

Great name for a pub, but the outfits are tasteless and tacky. I much prefer my favorite local bar, which specializes in young waitresses in short skirts and stockings. Much classier :)

God bless America! That’s what I miss about the place - the
wacky, insane creativity

It’s all a bit of a storm in a D-cup really.

Tit’s nothing to get all steamed up about.

I’m wondering if they serve bra-beque ribs?

And PB, Thanks very much for those photo’s. Now I can’t get the tune "The Jugs of Paunch" out of my head.

Posted by .

They call themselves an "Irish Bar & Grill" - what exactly is an Irish "bar and grill"?? I knew there were Irish pubs, but…

It’d make a brilliant tune name though. Who’s gonna be the first to write it? What’s it gonna be? A hornpipe? A polka? A hop-7/8??

and I bet SWFL Fiddler thought there’d be a chorus of "Thanks for the Mammaries" when he posted this. ;-P

Well, celtic guitar said, "A place that that will be PARTONized by…" which was pretty funny.

Posted by .

Reminds me of that great John Carty Jig "Seanamhac Boob Station"

Posted by .

Definitely should be a hornpipe.

A hornpipe specifically for fiddle and box… ? (Blush) ;-)

Just remember that IT IS IN Clearwater, FL, and Clearwater is the home of the first Hooters, so this just maybe history recycling itself.

Posted by .

Ah, so it lends credence to a clearwater Revival.

Explains everything.

Good thing it wasn’t in Boulder Colarado.

Posted by .

Eureka!!!!! I’ve been looking for a name for my new world dominating topless haggis restaurant for weeks………

MacBoobies - at last diners you can enjoy MacEwans Ale while guzzeling spiced offal, listening to a live pipe band at a mere 122 decibels and gawking at heafty topless Mhairi’s.

Um, would now be a good time to post the jig "Ah! Sure Such a Pair" in the tunes section? Doesn’t seem to be there.

Peoples…this is a family site…my eyes are scarred…arrr….><*

yeah it’s a family site - game over on this thread. All y’all need to turn in your tokens and leave the arcade

mehitabel23, it’s only a family site until you want to talk politics, relevance, and anarchy…

And you realize, for the ages to come, people looking through the list of thread titles will see "Where’s the music at? O’Boobigan’s"

LOL

NIce logo on the tee shirts….Not that anyone might notice!

"Tempest in a D cup". I’ll have to remember that

touché, Reverend.

Well cheezewiz Jusa nutter……….and I had you figger’d for a chicken fried steaker. You always gimme a good chuckle !! thanx.

Posted by .

Place is actually pretty damn good. The food is above average for the selection. The waitresses are actually nice I mean nice not that I want a big tip I’m fake nice crap. For a little hhole in the wall its really good.