Putting their own stamp on it

Putting their own stamp on it

Planxty, Bothy Band, De Dannan, Tulla Ceili Band to be commemorated on postage stamps…
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhgbcwidmhql/

No Chieftains (ok, not popular here, but influential in the dissemination of the music), Ceoltoiri Cualainn, Stockton’s Wing?
Who would you include - if the restriction was groups?

Re: Putting their own stamp on it

Surprised they didn’t include Michael Coleman… but then he deserted.

It does seem an odd list. No matter what you think of the Chieftans, it seems an odd list without them.

Posted .

Definitely The Chieftans, i dont get why people here dont like them.

Maybe Illustrator Finbarr O’Connor, can’t do wigs.

Aslan should be in there,
And Johnny Logan

I’m dreading the time they have to resort to Moving Hearts, Lunasa, Celtic Woman and Riverdance for these stamps!

Posted .

The throbba throbba music issued by Celtic Woman has stirred me, on more occasions than a prudent man should admit, to smear leaf-and-twig-strewn mud on my face and torso and dance the antler dance of our ancestors until the sun god calls me to the new day’s labors.

To segue, I fingered a bullet hole in the old GPO before purchasing a few of last year’s Chieftain’s (et al.) stamp sets.

"I’m dreading the time they have to resort to Moving Hearts, Lunasa, Celtic Woman and Riverdance for these stamps!"

OH HARSH! Comparing Lunasa to Riverdance or Celtic Woman is just wrong. I have no idea who Moving Hearts is.
I guess I’ll have to look ‘em up on You Tube.

"The Chieftains, Altan, The Dubliners, and The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem were featured on An Post’s first set in the series back in November, 2006."

Well, that explains some. Thanks.

I think the Tulla Ceili Band are a bit odd in there - different stream of the musical tradition, if you like.
Stockton’s Wing would fit in there nicely, if you can tolerate their "Light in the Western Sky" as traditional-based, rather than actual ITM - which I can.