Sessions on this site, Waterford in particular

Sessions on this site, Waterford in particular

I’ll be in Waterford in July, think I’ll be brave enough to take the fiddle (though it might stay in the back of the car).
So I look on the site here, and see four sessions, but one is officially dead and the other three have no comment added for years. I’ll only have a week, no time to waste going to a session just to find it died two years ago. But I doubt thats all there is in Waterford, is it?
So one thing is - any advice on sessions in Waterford THESE DAYS? And is this a general problem with this site? If it is a problem - maybe those other three sessions are going strong.

Re: Sessions on this site, Waterford in particular

No advice on sessions (sorry), but DON’T let the fiddle or any instrument in the boot! Wouldn’t be the first time an instrument has been stolen from the closed car.

Posted by .

Stolen or baked

great session in corcorans pub new ross (15 -20 mins. from waterford) every thursday night.

Lestow, you haven’t said whether you’ll only be visiting Waterford town or travelling further afield in the county. Dungarvan might be a better bet. The last time I was there (not that long ago) The Local had a session on Thursdays and Bridie O’Dee’s had one on Saturdays.

Posted by .

Thanks for the tips. When I said ‘in the back of the car’ it was kind of a figure of speech! Though my fiddle is cheap and new, so if it was stolen Id be annoyed but I could get another.

yeah dunno about waterford but, like Floss said, the Thursday nite session in the Local in Waterford is a good one. Clonmel is around 40 mins away. There’s sessions in Lonergans on Mon and O’Keeffes on Wed nites.