Camping at Willie Week

Camping at Willie Week

I know this has been addressed before but I thought I’d take a few bytes of bandwith to ask again, as there might be new or at least different information/opinions on this.

Myself and my other half are intending to be camping this year, as we can’t afford the luxury of a B&B or hostel (not to mention I have a really cool tent). Having observed the general lunacy that is Willie Week, I don’t really intend on setting up camp in Miltown itself and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to go in Spanish Point or any of the neighboring villages. I have a car so I’m not bothered if it’s a wee bit out of town and I have to drive in for classes or whatever.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. 🙂

Re: Camping at Willie Week

Last year there was an official camp site at Spanish Point on the coast road back towards Miltown and there’s always the camping down on the dunes . Why not try e-mailing Kilfarboy
doesn’t he live around there?

Lahiff’s? c/o the post office at Spanish Point have a camp site at Spanish Point - basic enough but OK. Last year the main field was too boggy - so he used the fields on the far (sea) side of the road. This is more exposed to wind and rain but at least you can drive in and out, if you take a run at it!!

Posted .

It sounds a bit intence to me ( in tents get it ?)

Very funny, Dave. 🙂

Will you be there?

unfortunetly I cannot get the time off may be next year, Tooty is also working but we are going to Batz- sur -mere in Brittany for the festival there . I suspect although the music may not be as good the food weather and wine will be better 😉

There used to be a family called the Lycets that would let you camp for very little money in their garden (sort of), use their bathroom, and offer you tea and ham sandwiches every time you approached within range. Have those days gone forever?