Creative Zen Vision:M 30Gb- getting the tunes out

Creative Zen Vision:M 30Gb- getting the tunes out

Hey there - if you’ve got one of these, have you managed to copy your tunes from the Zen to your PC? - I can’t seem to get mine to do it - it looks up some irrelevant music files on my PC, I think, and tells me this is the content of my Zen. I can get any recordings onto the PC, but not other tracks.

Any help?

thanks
BC

PS - sorry I know this is not strictly about the music - but someone out there may know… and put me out of my misery!

Re: Creative Zen Vision:M 30Gb- getting the tunes out

Doesn’t your player show up as a moveable hard drive in Windows Explorer? If, so there shouldn´t be any problem finding and copying the files to a different location.

Re: Creative Zen Vision:M 30Gb- getting the tunes out

At the advice of our computer Guru adult son, I bought Herself a Zen creative a few years ago. Got about 13 months out of it. Their hard drives seem to have a bunch of c**_…I mean, problems. Herself lost tons of music. And the Zen Creative people could not organize a one car funeral…and might forget to include the guest of Honor.

They sent me a whole bunch of non working links to try and get these things talking to the PC. None worked. And I got lots of advice from a variety of sources. And reminded me…Sorry guy, you’re 20 days out of warranty. Tough Luck.

Most of the Tech folks said to ditch the Zen and get something less trendy, but more reliable like an Ipod. Needless to say, I ditched the Zen and actually bought an off brand cheapie at Best Buy that has lasted for several years.