ABCTiming Problems

ABCTiming Problems

I normally notate tunes using Finale and have just downloaded ABC for Windows so I am fairly new to this type of notation. When I play back some tunes but not all, the timing of some notes does not fit the ABC. Is this standard, does anybody else have this problem?. It is a bit off putting when playing back tunes to check for accuracy.
Good Luck

Posted by .

Re: ABCTiming Problems

Give us an example of an ABC where the playback is different from the notation, Mikea?

Is this an audio playback problem, or is it the ABC itself? If the former, be aware that some ABC players (ABCmus2.0 in particular) can fine-tune the lengths of the notes when played so as to approximate to the swing or lilt in the music. You can also do this fine-tuning yourself, or turn it off.
Trevor

The second part of Jerusalem Ridge in the first bar played back not as written.Ther are four crotchets in this bar which played back as crotchet/quaver/crotchet/quaver. It is not such a big problem as I would be more interested in the sheet music, but I was interested to know if anybody else had this happen.

Posted by .

Can you give us the actual ABC, please? That’ll help.

Solved! Thanks Trevor, the problem was as you suggested the program was imposing its own swing to the music so I switched this feature off. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Thanks a lot
Mikea

Posted by .