email links as per member profile

email links as per member profile

When wishing to initiate a personal discussion with a fellow member, I am always relieved to see their personal address highlighted as a link in their bio.
I would like to make mine availale also but can’t find the means to implement it. “How to” help appreciated.

Posted by .

Re: email links as per member profile

Presumably all you need to do is type mailto: and then your address without a space in your bio. I haven’t tried it myself because spammers can find it easily and use it to send you more junk.

I don’t think you need to make your email directly available to spammers to allow people to communicate with you. The first line of the ‘detail’ tab of each person’s profile is a link marked “send an email”. Clicking this brings up a form that allows you to compose a message which the session.org will email to the member. In that message you can provide a personal email address to which they can reply, or they can reply at the website.

I agree with what Gary says, not to list your personal email address on this website - or any other public website, for that matter. If you wish to have a personal discussion with another member the best thing to do is first to exchange personal email addresses via the membership email link, then your personal email addresses will remain private as far as everyone else is concerned.

Hauke, do you mean that you don’t have a “Send an email” link in your profile? … because you do (I double checked ;) ), you just aren’t able to see your own.

And of course, you can’t see anyone elses “send an email” link either, unless you are logged in to the session ….!

I had a dream that someone posted derogatory remarks about me under my own member profile - I was relieved to discover that’s not possible to do here.

Airport I think that would just about classify as a nightmare

absolutely - I should have said “nightmare”!

BIG THANKS to Mix & fifty mission. Each of you gave me a one sentence fact. Their combination explains all. NICE.

Posted by .