Vancouver in Aug, anyone?

Vancouver in Aug, anyone?

If you’d like to play some tunes in Vancouver, on the weekend of August 16-17, please contact me. I play fiddle, and know enough tunes to last a couple of hours in the right company (and I’m sure anyone here would be). I’ll be in the downtown area, and don’t know the city that well.

Re: Vancouver in Aug, anyone?

I’d meet/greet you but I don’t live there any more! However, there are nice sessions at Doolins on Monday nights and at various times during the week at the Irish Heather. Both are right downdown. For further info check www.fiddletech.com/fiddle.html. Have fun, it’s a great city.

Posted by .

Hi ff..If you don’t get better offer from someone in Vancouver proper and you have time to visit the Gulf Islands (Salt Spring) you’d be welcome at our regular sunday morning get-together. It’s not strictly ITM. Come over Sat aft and go back Sun aft. The bonus is a gulf islands cruise on the ferry. Dave Marshall (host of the fiddletech site) was a teacher at this year’s Georgia Strait Guitar Workshop and can probably hook you up with Vancouver folks.Good Luck.

Bob

I was there two year ago in August and there were sessions which I didn’t get to hosted by or near a wool shop at 10th and MacDonald out towards the University of BC. Maybe they are still happening - and there was a folk night I was taken to the first night I arrived also out towards UBC. If you want more info I might be able to dig it up from relatives - if the mentioned place still exists. But Vancouver in August was quite lovely and delightful I must say!