Problem With Billy McComisky Album

Problem With Billy McComisky Album

I got the new Billy McComisky album from Amazon.com, and in listening to it, found that there was a glitch in the third jig on the second track, the music actually stops and restarts at a different point. And it appeared on multiple disk players. So I returned it, and the new CD has same glitch, same point. Anyone else have that problem?
I think there is a manufacturing defect, and no matter how many I return, the new one will have the same problem.
I am getting ready to e-mail Compass Records, and was just curious if I am alone in noticing this problem.

Re: Problem With Billy McComisky Album

Hey Al,
You’re not alone. I purchased the album from i-tunes and the it has the same glitch. It’s annoying. Let us know what compass say!
Thanks

Posted by .

I got the same problem on a CD I ordered from Compass. I’ll be interested in the response you get from them.

Posted by .

I just thought that they recorded it that way, thinking "Man, what a tight band."

I found this link and forwarded it on to Billy McComiskey and John Doyle. If you guys find any other problems like this let me know. Thanks.

Yep, it’s also on my promo copy of the CD, sent to me by Compass.

Posted by .

Does the problem to which you’re all referring occur at 3:30 into Track 2?

Yep, Patrick, that’s exactly the point on my copy.

Posted by .

That is actually a completely intentional syncopated variation shown to my father by Liz Carroll during the recording in Nashville. I too thought it was an editing error the first time I heard it., but watched them do it live during a recent performance at the Creative Alliace at the Patterson Theater in Baltimore. They make quite a "tight band" indeed.

Patrick is absolutely correct (as was pbassnote earlier - good ears on that man!),

I opened up the track in CD Architect just to have a good look at the wave forms and it’s not a glitch at all, but one of the most startling changes I’ve ever heard. However, I certainly hope it doesn’t start a new trend.

Posted by .

I listened to the track a few times and honestly have little idea what you are all talking about. Is it that section where they go from the A part to the B part somewhere in 3:38-3:43s? I don’t find it unusual or startling at all—just very slight variation at the end of A part.

Oh dear, here I thought there was a problem, and instead I am just too dense to appreciate what the musicians were doing. After reading Patrick’s comments, I listened to it a number of times in the car, and it does make musical sense. It is not a logical sequence in a "let’s play jigs people can dance to" sense, but is logical in the manner of "hey, Billy, here is a neat little twist we can add that is a bit outside the box" kind of a way. Leave it to Liz to stretch the boundaries of the music!
Sorry everyone to make a fuss over this!

It’s a GLICH!!!

It’s a "glitch", certainly on the CD copy I had. Which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s on every copy.

Posted by .