Poljez flutes?

Poljez flutes?

I heard Kevin Crawford say he played a Poljez flute for a while…anyone one here have anything good or bad to say about them?

Re: Poljez flutes?

There’s been an upswing French (Breton) flute makers lately. Lehart has been known for a while, then Stephan Morvan and Pol Jezequel are starting to get noticed and appreciated. It;s worth searching the Chiff and Fipple Irish flute forum for comments about who is/has played them realizing that some commentators are more knowledgeable than others.

I met two players with them, slightly different models and embouchure designs (for a while Pol Jezequel was making embouchures more in a diamond shape than an oval shape in addition to the traditional oval). I thought the workmanship was fine, flutes weren’t too heavy or too light. The players got big tones on them, had plenty of volume, and were happy with them.

Hugh

His flutes are really fine beasts, I had a chance to try one - rich tone, I enjoyed playing it, and can say nothing bad about them (on the other hand, maybe someone more experienced should also add his opinion, I’m just an intermediate player). I thought about ordering, but the price was a tad too high for my budget.
On personal side, Pol Jezequel is a very approachable and friendly man, very nice to deal with.

Thanks alot for your time guys!

I know Pol well and he has stayed with me a few times when he has been visiting Ireland. I would rate him as one of if not the best up and coming flutemakers around today. His flutes are loud, powerful, and bang on in tune, which is more than I can say for some other contempary makers.

The keys (both traditional on copies of classic flutes and his own wing shaped design) are fast and accurate and a dream to play

Earlier this year I had one of his flutes for a couple of months while he was working on my boxwood Rudall. when I got mine back I didnt want to give it back to him but he had completely retuned my baby to perfect concert right down to low C. He had rebored the bottom section, turned 5mm off the second, reworked holes, springs, brass rings on all joints etc, etc, to produce the perfect concert pitch victorian box flute, which he then copied, the flutes in question being almost as good as the original.

To conclude, if you are looking for the best available today, (If you can afford the 3 to 3&1/2K price tag), check him out, I think he will be a very big name in the future