Any Idea Who Made This Bodhran?

Any Idea Who Made This Bodhran?

Hi all,

May not be enough to go on, but I was wondering if just by looking at the accompanying photos, someone here might help me figure out who made this bodhran:

Photos here: http://www.brewsession.com/bodhran/

It was purchased three years ago in Custy’s Music Shop, in Ennis, Ireland. I can add more photos if need be. Or try and answer any more specific questions.

I’ve just been asked by a couple people here in California who made it, and I can’t give them an answer. 😉 At the time, the person in Custy’s told me, but I can’t remember.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Posted by .

Re: Any Idea Who Made This Bodhran?

This looks like a Claddagh bodhran, made by Michael Vignoles, but wait for other replies… I’m probably wrong.

Looks like a Brendan White instrument, I know he supplies Custys and he makes tunables

Regards

It’s not a Brendan White, may well be a Vignoles as was mentioned, possibly one of Mike Quinlans

Is it possible to contact someone at Custys and ask them again?

Looks like it might be one of Paraic McNeela’s drums, I think Michael Vignoles makes the rims….

"Is it possible to contact someone at Custys and ask them again?"

I emailed them a few months ago with the question and never got a reply. 😉

Posted by .

Tuning system looks like Vignoles.

That looks a lot (A LOT) like the Brendan White drum I have. The tuning system is identical. I’m not familiar with the other makers mentioned but my money is on Brendan. You can e-mail him: http://www.bodhran.nl/

I’m almost 100% sure that it’s a Claddagh bodhrán made by Michael Vignoles.

Posted by .

Well, it’s not a Brendan White. He took a look at the photos and said no, not his. Guess I’ll email a couple other makers and ask. Would be nice to solve the mystery.

Posted by .

Yep, it was made by Michael Vignoles - just got a reply from him.

Thanks all for narrowing it down for me. 😀

Posted by .