Minidisc files to PC

Minidisc files to PC

Greetings,

As many of you know, I bought a little Sony minidisc player/recorder to grab tunes while in Ireland.

I also have the PC link interface hookup to connect the minidisc to my computer, but all of the instructions seem to be geared toward transfering music from the PC to the Minidisc recorder.

I want the transfer to go the other way so that I can have the files on the PC. Does anyone have tips on how to move the music from the Minidisc to the PC?

Thanks,
John Harvey
http://www.rhodeirish.net

Re: Minidisc files to PC

I can take a look at it tonight if you’d like John.

I think you’ll be reduced to just takiing the audio output from the MD and putting it through the soundcard of your PC - at least that what I had to do. Then you have to use Sound Recorder or whatever other sound software you have to grap the sound you’re piping in. If you have an optical out on your MD player and an optical input in your PC you may be able to do something a bit more fancy, but if its a portable you probably only have optical in.

Posted by .

good software for getting sound onto pc is `stienberg Wavelab`
once you get it into your pc you can edit and sort files how you want

Posted by .

I have transferred lots of minidisc recording to pc and burned cds from them. You have to use the analog output of the mini to pc soundcard, make sure its on “recorder” and make sure the recorder is on for your speakers so you can hear what is happening.. I use sound forge software to clean up the files. Then burn a CD with the burning software. It takes a bit of time but you can get pretty good sounding CDs this way. I’m even considering doing an album on minidisk.
Art

Posted by .

Help Needed With Pc Sound Input

My hard drive crashed recently and I have been dealing with all of the fallout with this business. Thankfully this has turned out to be mostly an annoyance rather than a *disaster*, since I wisely purchased a CD burner about a year ago that I use, among other things, to regularly to back up all my stuff. So let me me now take a moment to publicly shake my finger at everyone out there who doesn’t back up their hard drive: “you’ll be sorry.”

Now, I’ve gotten a new hard drive and reinstalled everything nicely enough, but now I am simply unable to get my computer to record tunes off of the CD player as I used to be able to do in the past. I use an ENSONIC sound card and Voyetra software/driver but nothing is working. All is on Win ME platform. About the only thing that seems to be palabablely different than before is there is not a “MIDI” option on the Sound Recording Panal.

So if there is anyone out there who has any insight into this sort of thing, I’d be tremendously appreciative of advice. As it stands, I can’t take the music lessions I’ve recorded or tunes from favorite CDs and upload them into a .wav file for editing and then burn them onto a CD for further compilation and digesting.

This is also holding up my masterful submission to the Mighty Craic Album…gasp!