accommodation and music in abu dhabi

accommodation and music in abu dhabi

Hi all, unusual thread this one - my family and I are emigrating to Oz via Abu Dhabi and can’t get accomm for love nor money…apparently there’s a conference..just my luck

Has anybody got any contacts in Abu Dhabi who may be able to put us up for one night (5th Nov) - there’s myself, wife and 18month old daughter (we’ll have a travel cot)

If you need a referee Kieran Hanrahan (RTE and Stockton’s Wing) will vouch for me as we teach banjo together at Willie Clancy festival each year.

Keeping my fingers crossed someone can help - it is starting to feel like the Nativity all over again!!

Many thanks in advance,

Jody Moran (Leeds)

Re: accommodation and music in abu dhabi

As a Manchester City fan just tell the Royal Family you know me, shouldn’t be a problem.

AAhhhhh, Kieran Hanrahan? Had to hit him a slap the day he won the banjo competition in Ennis back in 1977. If I had known he was at Willie Week……..

What I want to know is where are you headed for in Oz? Sorry I can’t help with the Abu Dhabi end of things.

Always thought that’s a great name for a tune, Abu Dhabi.

You could always stop over in Singapore instead, if you can’t get accommodation in Abu Dhabi. Plenty of accommodation, great food, then a reasonable flight to Oz.

Good to see people making the decision to live in Oz.

It’s the only sensible thing to do imo. (Ducks behind parapet).

Yay! Come live in Canberra! Invite your friends!

… oh no! Come to The Alice and you’ll never need a clothes drier again 😉

You might have to twist her arm, Clear; then again, she’s a physio so it mightn’t work.

" there’s myself, wife and 18month old daughter (we’ll have a travel cot)"
Methinks Jody is a male physio
He would probably be happier here in Perth anyway 🙂

…congrats to anyone who guessed I’m a physio - guess the mail address gives it away slightly!!
Can’t remember who asked but we’re moving to Albury of all places (border of NSW and Vic) - don’t blame me, my wife got a job there…seriously I am daunted by the potential drought of music - I know there’s a good scene in Mlebourne but slightly too far to roll down the hill of a Friday night!!! - any good musos in that area??
jody

Best thing to do if yr still stuck is to rent a car in Abu Dhabi Airport and drive up to Dubai, plenty of accomodation up there it’s a little over an hours drive, motorway all the way..