great fiddle mic needs good home

great fiddle mic needs good home

Hello fiddlers,

I have an AMT Roam 2 wireless fiddle mic system that I need to sell. The show I am in is upgrading to a mult-ichannel system. It’s a great sounding clip on mic with a built in wireless transmitter.

Here is a link to a website that sells them:

http://www.musicalinstrumenthaven.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=64

New they are jut over $700, we’ll let this one go for $500 plus shipping.

(I hope this posting does not violate the rules of the board)

Bill Coulter

Re: great fiddle mic needs good home

You don’t say which channel it transmits on Bill….

The system transits on UHF Channel 1.

Lovely mic Bill…What’s your personal opinion of it, since you’ve already got some history with it? It’s not one I’m familiar with, but then my familiarity is dated… Tell us more…

At least you’ve been with us since 2004. We’ve had a few folks pop up suddenly to sell us bits fo the moon ~ including princesses and ex-dictators… They don’t last long… 😉

It is a great sounding mic - very natural and clean with really good output. The wireless part of it works really well also. The coolest thing about it is that the mic and transmitter are one unit so you don’t need a body pack transmitter. We got it because the fiddler we had in the show last year, Kathleen Keane from Chicago, played fiddle and danced, so when getting up to dance she could just put down the fiddle and did not need to do any disconnecting of any wires or remove a bodypack.