A band called "The Full Set"

A band called "The Full Set"

Hi all,
I was watching a recording I made of the Féilte programme on TG4 which featured the Fleadh in Tullamore, and there was a group on it at the beginning (and end) called "the full set". They had an accordion, fiddle, bodhran and guitar.
I really enjoyed their 2 sets, and wanted to find more of their music. However, I’m not having any luck on the InterWeb (I just keep getting RTE’s programme with the same name, but not these guys unfortunately). I tried Google and MySpace, but to no avail…
I was wondering if anyone knew of them? Maybe even had a URL…a YouTube link…anything….

thanks in advance ;)
andy

Re: A band called "The Full Set"

Andy as they say "what goes around comes around" or something like that. I hadn’t heard about the group since that Fleadh programme and wasn’t aware that they’d recorded anything. Many thanks for putting up that link which gives access to some lovely music. This definitely is a young group with potential that we should be hearing a lot more of and, though there’s a bit of innovation in their playing, it’s still sufficiently "traditional" to appeal to old fogeys like myself!

Re: A band called "The Full Set"

I played with these guys in Mulligan’s in Amsterdam in the summer. They are just a bit good and delightful people. They let me - a journeyman (and old!) fiddler - play along. If they get it together professionally they deserve support. Excellent stuff.