Pietro Mario Button Accordions

Pietro Mario Button Accordions

Anyone out there purchase any of these new boxes? They seem to be a fine piece of workmanship. Would appreciate constructive comments. Thanks.

Re: Pietro Mario Button Accordions

Murty Ryan is playing one in ennis. Seems nice

Posted by .

Exactly the same as a Castagnari Kriss III.

It doesn’t look anything like the Castagnari Kriss III, except that they are both made from wood. I checked both sites and the Kriss only use TAM reeds where as the Pietros are using Binci reeds which are hand made where the Tam are only hand finished which make them a cheaper reed.
I heard one of the pietros played at the tullamore fleadh and i’m not a box player but it sounded good to me. Id say they are worth a play. Also Alan Kelly is playing one of their piano boxes and hes an insane player.

From their website, I gather that the Pietro Mario boxes are constructed by the Bompezzo/Brandoni factory in Castelfidardo. Externally, they show a strong resemblance to the wood-body Brandoni accordions, which are nice.

Alas, Pietro Mario DiBennedetto passed away last year after a bout with cancer. He was a lovely gentlemen and his fine instruments (produced in the Bompezzo factory in Italy according to his specifications) will be his legacy. I have two, a 2-voice and a 3-voice, and they are very comparable in quality to my Bertrand Gaillard.

I know, I have too many accordions, but I’m retired and treating myself. It will soon enough be time for me to move into the nursing home!