2 Free tickets for TOMMY EMMANUEL at Waterfront Hall Belfast, Belfast

2 Free tickets for TOMMY EMMANUEL at Waterfront Hall Belfast, Belfast

When: 27 November 08. Tomorrow evening

I can’t make it myself, would anyone else like to claim these (2) free tickets? I will post to the first person that claims them this afternoon.

Thanks.

Flauta

Re: 2 Free tickets for TOMMY EMMANUEL at Waterfront Hall Belfast, Belfast

I can’t do it myself (Belfast is not within my driving distance), but it’s a pity - Tommy is not only an incredible guitar player, but also a great joker and storyteller, who has a special link with the audience. I’ve seen his concert in Wroclaw in Poland and it was one of the highlights of the year. Strongly recommended.

Well I didn’t expect to read about Tommy when I logged on tonight! He’s a ‘true blue’ Aussie bloke who grew up in a family of travelling country musicians and is an absolute master of the instrument and a real entertainer. Interesting to hear he’s gigging around Europe these days. Good luck to him.

He’s been on the road forever but always seems to pull out something special in his concerts

Posted by .

Go on then I’ll take you up on it Flauta.

I’m in Belfast, if you can get the tickets to me on time.

Email me for my address details.

Andy

Andy i have sent you an email.

F.D. (Ciara)

Andy, ignore my previous email.

I spoke to the box office in Belfast Waterhouse and I won’t need to send the tickets.

You just need to quote the reference and name - which have been sent to you personally by email.

C

are the tickets still up for grabs ?

Cheers, murlach

Hi Murlach, I have just sent you an email via the session website.

Saw him two years ago. As soon as he produced a capo I thought “Call yourself a guitar player…….”

The other night someone (at session) sang his version of “Waltzing Matilda” . The way you sing it in Australia. So I suppose he calls him self a guitar player/singer/percussionist . . .

Posted by .

Best guitarist i’ve heard. His sheer speed and accuracy is amazing. Cant wait to see him tomorrow night.

“The way you sing it in Australia”
How shall I count the ways?
http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/WM/#Orig

Tommy’s version (instrumental, I haven’t heard him sing it) of WM incorporated a version of “Craigielea” first time I saw him, but he also does a swing medley of the Marie Cowan adaptation coupled with Jack O’Hagan’s “Along the Road to Gundagai”. Recorded with Chet Atkins shortly before Chet died.
Then there’s the completely different “Cloncurry” or “Buderim” version favoured by folk revivalists , presumably because it sounds more “folky”

Posted by .