Dave Freshwater: Let’s set the record straight

Dave Freshwater: Let’s set the record straight

A 10 month wait for my FF301 Octave mandola from Dave Freshwater, having seen and played the instrument the delay is now insignificant I’m a very pleased with Dave’s work.

madra Rua.

Re: Dave Freshwater: Let’s set the record straight

Sorry was there a problem you have complained about before otherwise I dont understand the reason for the comment Red.

Pics please 🙂

Posted by .

Madra Rua is saying that even though the wait is long, the instrument is worth it. Therefore, if anyone on here is considering a new mandola, they might want to look at Dave’s work. It seemed pretty clear to me.

i had a mandolin of him , took nearly a year for delivery and it was rubbish, poor finish and crap sound and he was very unhelpful into the bargain.

For readers of this Freshwater subject discussion: please bear in mind that there are always two sides to a story and molloy is only giving HIS side
Not everything that is written is totally accurate
Also it is noticable that molloy is always very quick to add negative comments after any positive ones have been made about Freshwater instruments

Kay ( Freshwater Instruments)

I’ve had great trouble with Dave. He initially quoted me 8 to 9 weeks for my instument and he then gave tons of (very poor excuses) each week as to the delays. His excuses included having trouble with the case maker… to which I had to correct him because I hadn’t ordered a case! Very unprofessional.

Posted .

zouk2003 did get his instrument later than first estimated ; it was ordered 1/9 /08 and delivered 10/ 12/08 , so was approx 1 month late, but these so called "excuses" were quite real ,as any luthier will tell you ,one of the biggest ongoing problems ,especially these days ,is getting parts and supplies for the instruments in on time from the suppliers ;so we can be let down with this ,which in turn can affect the finishing time on an instrument .
As to the case problem ;that is an easy mistake to make ,as quite often a customer will sudenly change their minds and alter some detail on their instrument ,or supply of case , and sometimes right at the last minute before delivery.
These are certainly not excuses, but facts and when making instruments by hand ,it is not something that can be pinned down to an exact date to fulfil ; or rushed at.
Bye the way, zouk2003 was phoned the day after receiving his instrument to ask how he found it and he said that it was lovely and he was very pleased with it .

I bought a bouzouki (accord range) off Dave last year. It took 4 months roughly instead of the quoted 3 months, I think this just is part of getting a handmade instrument made. I am really happy with it. I’ve played it at sessions and in live gigs where it has stood up very well. The accord range is excellent value, anybody who gets one will certainly not be disappointed with what they get for their money. I hope to be playing this for a good number of years to come.