Nutters?

Nutters?

Having browsed a few members descriptions I was wondering if this site attracted nutters. More than a few seem to be on the aggressive side, or is this to compensate for something. Lack of musicianship maybe, or something else, who knows. Are these wild descriptions the product of a vivid imagination or the truth. Anybody got any ideas.
Good Luck
Mikea.

Posted by .

Re: Nutters?

I think everyone is just having a laugh Mikea…I think everyone is pretty much chilled out on this site…..

Posted by .

Hello Michael,

BB is wrong. You are right. THis is actuaLLy a sitefor peopal who have bean sent hear buy there psychiatrists. wee are oLLL mental.

Do you want to be our fRieNd?

CoMe and JoiN uS?

Y0u coulD bE HappY liKe uS.

pLeese bE may friienD, I miss friends. THey don’t let mE have friends on my dartboArdanymore….

Good one danny!

Posted by .

Well, I suppose we all love to play "mental tunes", ( Sorry folks. A West coast of Scotland expression )

John

I come here for a laugh and the good craic…..

it’s hard to take anything too seriously these days at the session.org….there have been so many spoof postings (which I find humorous)…and even a few "made up" imaginary members such as the leprechanman (who I thought was hillarious even though I totally fell for the joke and tried to give kind advice)…..I’m almost positive that some other members are also figments of someone’s vivid imagination such as sorefingers and ……u know who u are ; )

But I just go with the flow and enjoy the craic and entertainment here….this website makes my desk job much more tolerable…

For pete’s sake, this is the internet, what do u expect???

Posted by .

sorry, i can’t type or spell this morning…got home at 3:45am this morning from a brilliant time down in Boston….I’m in a rather fragile state right now : )

Posted by .

Danny, I love your member profile : )

good to have u back!

Posted by .

Hmmmm, I fell for Leprechaun man as well. Ditto Sorefingers, although I *was* going to mention that he was giving Danny a run for the money in the poetic prose department. I guess I don’t mind an occasional spoof when it’s all in good fun, but I don’t appreciate a mean-spirited one, and find no humor in it at all. And you know who I mean—or rather "u know who i mean".

Posted by .

My posting was never meant to be in anyway serious.
Good Luck
Mikea

Posted by .

I wasn’t referring to tanya above……

I don’t think she’s really mean-spirited. She has some strong opinions…but isn’t that what makes life interesting…..Michael Gill has infuriated me in the past, but has also made me think about a lot of things….I’m glad we have some "black sheep" among the flock : )

Posted by .

I agree joyce - its nice to have people who have very different opinions etc!

Posted by .

I adore Michael!

Posted by .

Nutters are of cause a British institution.
Also a part of the English Music tradition in the form of the "Britannia Cocoanut Dancers" of Bacup Lancashire.
http://www.coconutters.co.uk/
Their annual Dance day is a great excuse for a session in the pubs of the town.

All the best

PP

You can tell the Real Nutters on this site, usually because their spelling, grammar and syntax is appalling. They tend to be overfocussed, imbalanced, autistic, or at least Asperger’s syndrome types, who don’t mind taking some wierd controversial stance on a topic and sticking to it, despite popular concensus or normal rational thinking.

And they tend not to have any sensibility to other people’s feelings, preferring to be the big champion, victorious over some trivial point, whilst having slagged down some 15-year-old newbie to the site, to score a little on-line victory, thus scaring off a young person forever. But remorse of any kind is never in their vocabulary. The Nazi Party was full of these one-dimensional freaks.

Think I’m joking? check out this site:

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/

That’s not denying they may well be talented musicians, but given the choice, I’d rather be not a bad musician, but a good bloke, ie be a good dad to the weans and have friends from several different areas of my life, than be some screwed-up tortured stamp-collector-type Irish music Geek.

Best to all the rest of you.

Danny.

Hah!…on the money as usual - couldn’t agree more Danny, good man yourself!
There must be a more clinical term for these Irish music geeks, although your description definetly brought a few faces to my mind.
Anyone have any suggestions?
What is as ghaeilge for screwed-up tortured stamp-collector-type Irish music Geek?

hmm - what faces greenwiggle?? After all arent Dow and I the only people you’ve actually seen?? πŸ™‚

Posted by .

cough**splutter##^ hack…er umm no bb, I was actually speaking in broader more general terms, not just the people who people this cybersession. Don’t go getting all defensive on me now! I know I took the thread and warped and weaved it into my own a little…and I have seen at least one or two other feaces…oops faces that visit here now and then. Maybe I should just stop digging,,,sorry long days moving our office from one locale to another. Maybe catch you nxt week. πŸ™‚

Yep, over-emphatic and literal-minded geeks can be a real bore. But… nobody asks to get born with an Asperger-afflicted brain, do they? Shouldn’t we extend some tolerance to those people whose brain makeup makes it difficult to interact in a normal fashion? Specially if we spend time in online forums, since those are places where Aspergers/Autistic types can feel safe, even if they are interpreting the words on the page in a slightly different way from the rest of us.

Express your solidarity with the differently-brained in a Mad Pride T shirt!
http://www.ctono.freeserve.co.uk/id18.htm

OK, so Mad Pride is more to do with civil rights for those with psychiatric disorders - but I think other mental variations from the norm are also covered…

Posted by .

That’s very forgiving of you Helen - and humbling for me…but maybe some of the argufying geezers aren’t so much autistic etc., just macho prats.
Danny

Ah well, but macho prats are a different matter! πŸ˜‰ Although I suppose there’s a fuzzy line between being a rigid-minded, argumentative tosser, and having a genuine neurological disability, and I don’t suppose it can ever be established exactly where that lies…

An ex-boyfriend of mine claimed to have been brain-damaged by LSD - I could never work out if it was just a convenient excuse for acting like a twat. Both may have been simultaneously true - let’s call it the Schrodinger’s Cat compromise.

Posted by .

So, Helen, you mean someone could go along to a psychiatrist and come out with a diagnosis: "total plonker - apart from that there’s nothing wrong with him"…..

…must try that meself. I’m surrounded by them in this goddamm place (psychiatrists, that is…many of whom are plonkers as well).

Anyway what’s this got to do with the price of fish?

Reminds me of that old psych joke: Man lying on a couch, his analyst says: "Mr. Plonker, the good news is that you have a healthy, vigorous ego. The bad news is there’s no basis in reality for it."

Posted .

Price of fish? I thought this thread was about nutters… good for your brain though, aren’t they, those omega 3 fatty acids?

Posted by .