European Festivals - new batch of hols to take!

European Festivals - new batch of hols to take!

Guys

As it was the new year at our session last night we were discussing getting away somewhere in advance of our now traditional pilgrimage to Willie Clancy in July.

We were thinking of being slightly more adventurous and trying a good European festival. Galicia and Brittany were mentioned but perhaps others out there that session.orgers can recommend?

Hopefully in the Spring as the thought of going to July without a break would scare us all!

Ta

JH

Re: European Festivals - new batch of hols to take!

Try Batz in Brittany end of july ,sea ,sun, free music concerts .
Not sure of line up yet but usually very good see last years line up ,Teada were headlining .

Dave have you any more info on Batz, and are yourself and Tooty going over

Posted by .

Come later and do Whitby at the end of August!

L’Orient used to be good, probably stopped now.

Whitby is a nice area, must visit Robin Hood’s Bay again, 30 years since I’ve been that way.

And please all reply to JfiddlerH, but I will have a veto on where we actually go. I actually like music, he is chasing something else.

There’s a great Irish Festival close to Munich June 20 - 22nd run by a very good friend of mine. It’s on a farm close to the airport, has camping and last year was really fantastic. The website is as follows :

http://chico-inklab.moonfruit.com/#/gfenglishhome/4524815663

Last year we had an all night session, plus some great performers, with some seven stages, will certainly be there myself this year. There are some pretty good sessions around in Munich too at that time.

a link to the site for the batz festival its in French of course but not too difficult to work out whats going on plus a piucture of tooty hidden away for those who know what to look for

http://lasession.free.fr/

I will be at whitby as usual 🙂 May and August

I doubt I will make the May one, should be there as norm In Aug at Whitby..usual spot no doubt, Happy New Year to you and yours David

Posted by .