Another Kitchen Session question

Another Kitchen Session question

Roughly 58:26 into the second of this season’s Kitchen Sessions on Clare FM (Toonagh, Frank Custy’s), Bernie Whelan played a lovely fiddle solo, consisting of two jigs for which she had no names. The second was Knocknagow, but what was the first in the set ? Here’s a rough transcription of the A-part, no luck so far with tune snippet searches:

X:1
T:Gan Ainm
M:6/8
L:1/8
R:jig
K:Dmaj
dAF GBd|AFE ~EDB,|DED DFA|Ade ~f2e|
dAF GBd|AFE EDB,|DED ~F2E|1DED D3:|

Also, who were the musicians that played a nice set of polkas, roughly 39:18 into the session ? There was banjo (Ian ?), concertina (Erica ?) and box (?). I can’t make out the names, and these particular musicians are not listed in the Rag and Bones comments.

Re: Another Kitchen Session question

The Reverend’s tune suggests this (using the contour search):
https://thesession.org/tunes/2062
The Chicken that Made the Soup
It’s pretty close, but I don’t know if it’s the same tune or not. Also see the comments for another close match.

I missed the programme Alec but I think I know two of the musicians you mentioned. Ian Keane plays banjo and his sister Erica plays concertina. They’re from Toonagh so I’d be 99.9% certain that they are the musicians referred to.

Erica Keane? They are introduced about 5min into the mp3.

Sorry Bannerman, crosspost

Thanks, everyone. It was indeed "The Chicken that Made the Soup" as posted here in comments by ceolachan in Dmajor. I should have transposed to Gmajor, I would have found it instantly (or done a snippet search on Google, as many have suggested to catch the "comments" settings). I have just begun dabbling in Reverend’s excellent site, and haven’t yet tried the "contour search."

Yeah, the contour search works quite well in some cases. This is a good example, because it comes up with a very strong match!

If you have a tune snippet (4-8 bars), and you’re not finding what you want, using the Contour Search will allow you to put in the root note of the key your transcription is in, and it will then perform a search for that pattern in other keys. Saves you the trouble of transcribing 🙂

Glad it was able to help!