Red Nose Day

Red Nose Day

and it’s Friday 13th, but as my favourite colour is (blood) red and for sheer devilment i thought ‘how many tunes are their of a reddish nature?’ or title to be specific …

i couldn’t think of a single one (distracted with the songs Red rose cafe’ and Woman in red), but on here i found the following

Reels : Red haired boy (& barndance), Flowers of red hill, Campbell’s farewell to red gap, The red crow, Red tom of the hills, Flowers of red hill, The red priest, The red roofed cottage, Big red, The red bee, red haired charles

Jigs : Campbell’s farewell to red castle, The red knickers, Red stockings, Red spruce, Red ken’s, Mother redcap

Slip Jigs : Red haired mary, Red stockings, The red admiral butterfly

Waltzes : The red rose, My love is like a red,red rose

plus Red haired mary (Polka) and The red haired girl of tulloch (Strathspey) _ any more out there?

Re: Red Nose Day

as you do i skipped these few

Reels : The red star line, The red box, Red is the rose, and The red pen

I’ll take that as red

Easy now John…….just keep takin those wee Red tablets, boy, an’ ye’ll be fine.

No 1 - why bother making a big deal out of a thing that’s manufactured for British telly, my suspicion is that quite a lot of players are not in that "blindly follow every piece of sh!te that they make up for us" attitude, being too busy practicing or filling out the rest of their lives between practice……but I may be wrong…..

No 2 - Outside Uk nobody has a clue what you’re on about.

No 3 - If things are that bad get yer body down to the Blythe on a Thursday, for godsake man.
🙂

Redigan’s?

It’s got red in it…

Red Bee

Fookin brilliant tune

Posted .

The Hundred Pipers. It’s not got much red in it.

Fred Finn’s.

Don’t forget Maire Rua, Moll Rua, and all those. I really don’t have a clue what red nose day is, but I’m all the way over here in California.

FiddleK, that’s the best place to be today. As far as I can make out, it (Red Nose Day) seems to be a dumbing down of almost everything in the UK in a big way. For example, I understand the the continuity announcers of BBC’s Radio 4 (news, current affairs, and reasonably intelligent cultural programmes) are being replaced for the duration by comedians. I don’t know what the world’s coming to; I should have delayed my return from Belgium by a couple of weeks.

To me, tunes in G are of varying shades of red, including some dark oranges. But that’s coming from someone with synesthesia and I think you just meant the actual names of the tunes including the word red, right lisaniska?
A musician-friend of mine wrote a tune called "The Piper’s Red Shoes," which has ‘red’ in the title AND is in G, so it’s red all over!

I actually prefer the color gray myself because I think it is such a lively, active, vivid color.

G is yellow; D is brown, Em is purple.

C is pillarbox red.

Mine are all solid colours - how interesting yours are different shades (although the colours can bleed).

Posted by .

….. Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We’ll keep the red flag flying here.

I like red Smarties best - they seem to taste different - or is that the orange ones ? ……..

Lazyhound, it’s all for charidee, don’t be so misanthropic.
You could always go out to a session instead.
I’ve got myself "volunteered" to call dances for the Woodcraft Folk, need to organise some taped music as I’m on my own - can’t call and play the tunes simultaneousely.

"…..and it’s Friday 13th, ………did you know that the 13th is most likely to occur on a Friday?

I’m a humorless color-blind communist, so you can stick your patronizing charity telethon and your synesthesia.

I agree … you can all feck off with your phoney altruistic sh*te. I saw a woman riding her push bike to work this morning … freezing, miserable, face in the wind, struggling up a small hill … and wearing a stupid plastic red nose. Bloody idiot.

They charge £1 for those nose things and in the small print on the box it says that 70p goes to charity. How much do you think they cost to make? 2p? 5p? Even it it’s 20p, which I doubt, and they sell a conservative million, whose trousering £100,000?

And what about that: "And remember, some of the money raised stays at home"?? Oh, I’m sorry, little African boy, we have enough money to feed your friend, but you will have to starve ‘cause there’s some bloke in Milton Keynes who’s a bit depressed.

Posted .

who’s

Posted .

It’s good to be a member of a select group here of at least 4 assorted card-carrying curmudgeons/misanthropes. A balanced society needs us to provide a well-thought alternative viewpoint.

All that bile. You’ll give yourself indigestion guys.

What? You mean you’re not supposed to eat them?

They should make them edible, marzipan or some such sickly nutrition free sh*te. And instead of flogging them to pampered white kids on a bandwagon, just ship ‘em directly over to Africa and force feed them to the natives.

Posted .

Good idea llig. Kill two birds with the one stone there. They would massage our guilty consciences whilst being biodegradable.

Perhaps llig is celebrating Red Arse day, as he’s showing his here.

Posted by .

Anyone thinking of following Llig’s advice, might like to check this out:

Home made Marzipan (this marzipan recipe is good for preparing modelling marzipan)!

http://www.marzipancakes.com/recipes.htm

Sugar, Almonds, Egg Whites & Lemon Juice …… it all sounds very healthy to me ………….. but then I am 18 stone! 😀

Cheers
Dick

The only reason it exists is for celebrities to further their careers. How could it possibly exist without the celebs?

Posted .

imagine this imaginary day with it’s imaginary celebs exists only in the imagination of the imaginator

( … loosely based on a Frank Zappa line)

let them all starve it’s their own fault anyway were rich and fat in the west and who gives a **** anyway _ is that roughly what your saying?

What about Red Bodhran Day then?

Posted by .

Sounds right up llig’s street

Here’s my contribution:

Polka: "Little Red House in Cardiff"

I suppose the Bank of Ireland qualifies in as much as it is in the Red

Never heard of Red Nose day - it’s Friday the 13th though. I can’t think of any CDs that have 13 tracks.

P.S. I didn’t see any mention of Larry Redigan

Campbell’s farewell to red gap….?
I’ve got it down as Campbell’s Farewell to Redcastle.
What about:
Are You Ready yet?
https://thesession.org/tunes/121
followed by
I’m Ready Now
https://thesession.org/tunes/3050
and as an add-on:
Tell Her I Am
https://thesession.org/tunes/161

Airport, details of what Red Nose Day and Comic Relief was all about can be found here, if you really want to sit through it
http://www.comicrelief.com/
http://www.rednoseday.com/
It was a charity fundraiser originally set up by comedians who are probably the most sensitive of people - hence they make jokes about everything. Maybe someone more qualified than me as a tv couch potato could expand on this, but it seems to have become a middle to low-brow farce, an irony in itself in that many of the contributors, such as David Beckham who gave up a some precious minutes of his time, are already multi-millionaires, pleading with the great British public to part with their hard earned cash, and in so doing raising their own iconic status.
Me? I’m no angel. I have a standing order with one development charity, I take New Internationalist, I go on some demos, and that’s about it. But I don’t like to be told by millionaires to give away some of my money, no matter what the cause.

aha - thanks for enlightening me. I’d thought it was some sort of alcohol awareness day.

oh and hello by the way - I was just thinking of changing my moniker to "busstop"