Matt2 & tansey

Matt2 & tansey

Hi,

For anyone thats interested in these thigs, I have finally submitted my PhD on the annotation of recordings of traditional Irish Dance Tunes. I have my viva in June. As part of my work I developed a system called MATT2 that allows you to match a query played on an instrument with transcription in ABC notation.

You can download all my programs (all free and open source) and publications on the topic from:

http://www.comp.dit.ie/bduggan/music/

Along with all my test audio

I am currently working on a completely online version (that you dont have to download anything for) and also a version for iPhone which I hope to have ready by September.

For those that have trouble downloading the program, here’s a youtube demo of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0fxPO3u6s

Bryan

Re: Matt2 & tansey

I congratulated you elsewhere, Bryan, but congrats again on the submission!

Good luck on the viva.

P.S. I may be in Dublin in April and will definitely be there in May for the NPU Tionol/a conference at TCD.

Cool! Give me a shout when you know. I’ll be in China in may for about 3 weeks, but I’ll be here most of April.

Bryan

Fecking brilliant! Give this man **two** Phd’s!!

Yeah, awesome job. Looking forward to your iPhone app too!

Great stuff Bryan.

Hope to see you at the Leitrim Fleadh in Drumshanbo on 25th and 26th April. It promises to be a good one.

Congrats Bryan!!!

M.

Posted by .

are these for Windows only?

The software is 95% written in Java, but it also makes use of the windows version of ABC2MIDI. It could easily be made work with a Mac, but I havent tested it. The online version I am working on will work on any computer, Mac Windows or Linux. Actually its finished, but there is a problem on the server I am hosting it on that I need to get fixed. When its done I’ll post the link and you can try it out

Bryan

Bryan, Have downloaded this (including the latest Java), and tried launching it, using the PhD file (with the Java icon), but only the framework comes up- none of the buttons to make it work. Is the problem likely to be at my end? - I’m using a PC with Windows XP.