comhaltas convention: anyone going through chicago?

comhaltas convention: anyone going through chicago?

hey all—
is anyone going to be passing through chicago on their way to the cce convention? i’m looking for a ride. i know it’s late notice, but my ride cancelled on my yesterday, monday afternoon. plane tickets have gone up $120 since this person confirmed they could give me a ride.

i would be willing to pay a LOT for gas, up to $100. from what i can calculate, that’s double the price of of chicago to st. louis and back.

i travel light, and i could put my backpack and concertina on my lap, if need be.

Posted by .

Re: comhaltas convention: anyone going through chicago?

Not going through ChiTown but hope to see you in St. Louie and have a chune.

Ken

Theres a few people heading down from here in Canadaland, although I can’t make it myself. I’ll ask around if anyone is driving, they might be interested in help on the gas although I know at least two of them are flying.

Brandon

someone from the local cce branch has offered to give me a ride. thanks for your help, and hope to see you all there!

if anyone here sees me and would like to say hello, please do so! i’d love to meet some dot org-ers in real life. i will either be playing a silver flute with a wooden headjoint, or a solid black concertina. other identifying features: young but balding. may be wearing an orange, striped hat. here’s my chiffboard profile: http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5645

(funny how i identify myself by my instruments moreso than how i look).

Posted by .

It’ll be good to see you again David. Last time was at Noel’s house concert at Wally’s place. Have you seen Tim’s new concertina? Carroll #40 - it’s sweet.

Daiv,

Robert and I will be there. He will have his ‘tina and fiddle, so I am sure some NH tunes will get played. See you then.

Dan

i’ve been in touch with robert. i look forward to seeing you both.

Posted by .