Fleadh 2008 on RTE

Fleadh 2008 on RTE

I managed to get my face on TV last weekend on last Friday’s edition of the Fleadh programme on RTE, in a session with two fiddlers, one a young American girl, the other a lad from Tipperary, and a French guitarist, as we played in the Bridge House on the Friday evening.
I don’t suppose anybody recorded the show? I’d love to get a copy for the craic.

The American girl is here, by the way
http://www.myspace.com/bronwynkeithhynes1
Very talented! and she’s keen to see it too!

Thanks
Fiach

Re: Fleadh 2008 on RTE

Who was the French guitarist?

I think his name was Antoine…. we got name-checked on the show, but I didn’t quite catch it - I was up screaming to get my wife and daughter in to see it!

Well, I went to the source, RTE.ie and asked if it was available on-line. It is, in Ireland only, and for 21 days post-broadcast
I’m playing bodhran in the session at 17:30 or so in the 21/04/09 programme.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1045922

The guitarist was Antaine Leluc (or something like that!)

Ireland as in the 26 counties. Looks like RTE has left out the six counties. Despite the fact that anyone from Norn Iron can get an Irish passport, clearly in cyberspace there are technological boundaries which transcend the idealogical ones. 🙂

Posted by .

Pity - Hey, I’m flattered you tried!

mmmm could the guitarist be Antoine Leclerq from Paris who featured on the album ‘The Winding Way’ with Michel Ferry.
If so he is very good and a decent bloke too

Well, they got my name wrong, dave, so you could be right!

Yes, you’re right dave - C’est lui.
And yes a nice guy and fine guitarist!

… and the last name to add is Finbarr English, from Cashel.
A "modern" player - lots of speed, flourishes, and syncopation. Good at it too!

Forefront productions are the company who produces the programme. You could probably get a copy of it off them!!

Your guess was correct Dave, that was me on the guitar !

Funny the RTE guys had to film a frenchman when so many talented irish musicians were around… ok, I can rest in peace, now I’ve had my minute of fame on irish TV 😉

Hi Fiach, and thanks for the link to the video. I’ve been lucky enough to find an irish proxy, but it only worked for for a few hours… At least I’ve been able to watch it once.

If you eventually found a way to get a copy of that from the production company or the RTE, I’d be interested.

Cheers,

Antoine