ITM session players might be next……

Re: ITM session players might be next……

I had to sit between two bodhran players tonight…

mandolin-seeking missile - worth investigating

I’m sure that missile can be set for other things, shaky eggs, etc. We should form a committee, check it out.

I find this hard to believe.
Greg, why didn’t you just pick up your chair & move to the other side of the room? These things have a way of escalating.

Posted by .

I live with a "wannabe bluegrass banjo player" who sometimes gets a bug up his ass to play in the middle of the night. Even with a piece of foam in the pot, it is still loud. If he wasn’t such a good handyman and guitarist, I’d probably move on. Ugh!

"I had to sit between two bodhran players tonight"

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. "HAD TO"? What a spineless eedjit. It’s precisely because you tolerate such torture that such torture exists. I’m gonna phone Amnesty International on your behalf straight away.

Posted .

maybe they were playing the old game of "musical chairs" and he kept gettin stuck between em.
around here we play "musical instruments" . that’s where the fiddle player can play the pipes too , and the flute player can play the concertina, and whenever the Bodhran player gets up from his chair a musician takes his place… hehheh

I certainly would have moved, but the second one joined us as I was nearing the end of my pint and had to get home. Maybe it was the nuns in school all those years that lead me to avoid confrontation, especially after teaching school all day; Michael, please call Amnesty International on my behalf. Tell them I’ll pay for the pints.

The tag line at the end of the bluegrass story: “Onion Sports now covers soccer and other women’s sports every week.”

So cruel. Priceless.

Amnesty International took a while to get back to me, but this is their reply:

—————————-

Thankyou for your information. We have a large file on bodhrans, but hard proof of torture is difficult to come by. We had a video of some soldiers washing a bloke’s hair in Cuba last month and nothing could be done about it.

We often resort to subterfuge in such cases and with the careful lobbying of sympathetic politicians, success can be achieved.

For example; for years we were inundated by complaints about the use of coins on ashtrays and yet a clear ruling could not be gained. In frustration we decided to disguise this particular torture as a public health issue. In Ireland, where the problem was worst, we managed to get the first successful ruling banning all ashtrays from public sessions. Scotland, then England and Wales were quick to follow.

However, we have found it impossible, so far, to build a successful argument against the coin-on-ashtray’s cousin, the simple frame drum, as deniers of this type of torture do not respond to logical argument. We are having similar trouble with women’s equality, where the main offenders of this dreadful oppression use "tradition" as their defence.

Until we can devise some way of getting this drum formerly classified with the UN as the abomination it so clearly is, our suggestion is to continue with your policy of unilateral zero tolerance. And gain as much publicity for it as possible.

Thankyou
Amnesty International

——————————

Posted .

Well, if you are going to go the route of alerting organizations - try PETA. We are talking about goat whackery are we not. The least these PETA people can do is stage a nude protest. If you are lucky, Cat Woman will show up.

Sad there’s isn’t more recognition for this horrible crime, Llig. Thanks for checking into that for us.

Micheál’s got a fine idea, I’d be happy to help the naked supermodels cuddle with goats. "Hug them, don’t skin and beat them!" etc.

I’m also inclined to agree that PETA would do a better job than Amnesty. Except that the kind of people who play bodhrans have the same twisted logic as someone who campaigns against fur, but wears leather shoes

Posted .

How about a Harvest-Home-seeking missile?