reel deal

reel deal

so did everyone see it last night?
this site certainly got advertised well on it - the ever important influence of technology on access to our tradition, and all that craic………

what do you all think of this technology craic anyways?
do you actually use this interweb that much or do you just get a laugh out of all the bickering on this site day in day out like meself?
yours in traditional celtic rock music,
Fishty

Re: reel deal

wot station was it on ?

It was on RTE. For anyone outside Ireland who wants to watch the programme online:

Go to http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.php?country=IE to get an IP address.

Launch Firefox
Click Tools - Options (or Preferences on Mac)
Click ‘Advanced’ on the top menu
Choose the ‘Network’ tab and click on ‘Settings…’
Choose ‘Manual Proxy Configuration:’
Insert the ip address and port number for the proxy server.
e.g. 79.125.7.60, port 80

Go to http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1050068

I tell you what if it wasn’t for the internet (this site mainly) i wouldn’t know a hell of a lot of tunes especially the names of them. God bless the internet.

I particularly liked the piece with Mick O’Brien - a thoughtful contribution.

Posted .

thanks Jeremy for the IP thing. I’ve missed many a program because I’m trying to view from Australia.

Mick O’ Brien provided a moment of sanity in a half hour of chaos. It reminded me of another program some years back called river of sound a similar attempt to turn traditional music on it’s head, we renamed it river of s***. long live siar an bothar last wednesday’s show was one of the best.

Actually, Jeremy, as an Irish resident who pays the TV licence fee, I think its rather irresponsible of you to provide a back door to RTÉ!

Posted by .

was fairly boring to be honest. how many times have we seen the same musicians profiled or performed on tv before, ie. tara breen, tim edey, etc. Yawnfest!

Posted .