Isnt it great that fleadhs last for a week..officially(!!) nowadays

Isnt it great that fleadhs last for a week..officially(!!) nowadays

I see that the upcoming Connaught fleadh cheoil on Roscommon town goes on for a full week. Should be great.. i believe that the people there are really up for it. Back in the eighties during the last recession, some of us can remember going to a fleadh for the weekend and staying til the following Wednesday! Work and the dole can wait! C u in Roscommon.

Re: Isnt it great that fleadhs last for a week..officially(!!) nowadays

Couldn’t agree more feadoger and it’s great to see this trend around the country, particularly in a time of recession! For anyone not too busy this weekend and in striking distance of Clare, then Kilfenora is the place to be (see http://comhaltas.ie/blog/post/welcome_to_kilfenora_for_the_clare_county_fleadh/) for their 6 day Fleadh. I believe they had a great night last night in Linnane’s and you can catch Eoin O’Neill, Kevin Griffin and Quentin Cooper lunchtime today in the Burren Centre. I know that some Yellowboarders are there already including Dogbox who travelled all the way up from Sydney. Hope to catch up with some of it over the weekend.

Re: Isnt it great that fleadhs last for a week..officially(!!) nowadays

yea,Bannerman,I heard the Clare fleadh is happening this weekend. Sounds like fun! Check out the Connaught fleadh at www.fleadhchonnacht2009.com