Willie Clancy concertina recital on Clare FM

Willie Clancy concertina recital on Clare FM

I’m guessing the concertina community is already well aware of this, but if you haven’t yet heard: The Willie Clancy Summer School concertina recital can be heard in its entirety on Clare FM’s archives. The two-hour recital is broken into two parts, the first on Joan Hanrahan’s show (Monday, July 20), the second half on Claire Keville’s show (Tuesday, July 21). The music starts about 25 minutes in on the Monday show, and about 29 minutes in on the Tuesday show.

Performers — who mostly play unaccompanied — include Hugh Healy, Tom Carey, Katie O’Sullivan, Dympna O’Sullivan, Jack Talty, Edel Fox, Kate McNamara, Lorraine O’Brien, Michelle Mulcahy, Caitlin MacGabhann, Noel and Aisling Hill, Jacqueline McCarthy, Aoife Kelly, Aoife O’Connor, Angela Connaughton (Kitty Hayes’ daughter) and Claire Keville (who MC’d the event).

The Tuesday show also includes a moving tribute to the late Kitty Hayes. Clare FM generally keeps the archived shows available for download for a week after they aired.

Re: Willie Clancy concertina recital on Clare FM

Exciting….im not a player of the C but Im a fan.Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Alec… I would have missed that. 🙂

thanks! this is grrrrrrreat!

Lovein it. Clare Fm

hmmmm…..i got the first half on joan h’s show and it was great, but when i click on the one that is supposed to be claire’s show, i am getting a news broadcast…..:(

ceemonster, just move forward about 29 minutes past the news and you’ll get the second part of the recital.

Great. Thanks for the heads up!