Ennis Trad Festival 2009?

Ennis Trad Festival 2009?

Just saw an update on their website:

It is not yet certain if this year’s Festival (2009)
will proceed!

Anybody know anything?

Re: Ennis Trad Festival 2009?

I had an email last week from the organisers saying there would not be a festival this year. The wording on the website now is a little less definite, perhaps something may be sorted out after all?
I know several people who are intending to go to Ennis anyway that weekend, I’m sure it would still be possible to have a good time!

Thanks for the info.
Do you know which weekend it was planned?

I’m not sure what the present situation holds for the festival as I’m not in the town at the moment but…to be honest, going to ennis and having sessions may not be exactly helpful to the future of the event. The festival team need the help of all musicians. I have no active part in the running of the festival and feel it is not up to me to go into details with regard to the problems the local team are experiencing…..but , going to the town…of all weekends …would only make their plight more difficult.

Ah go on outa that, spill the beans! What’s the crack? Do the local businesses not want it? More money to be made on something else?

Posted .

I heard that local businesesses are not willing to give enough, and I assume they might change their mind next year when they realize they made much less money over the week-end…

What is the date of the festival IF it goes ahead