Any Norwegians here?

Any Norwegians here?

Hi!
I am a 23 year old boy from Bergen, Norway, and I have been playing Irish traditional music for a while. From time to time a play with other people here, but that is not often. Some weeks ago I went to Limerick, and played at sessions almost every night. It was a great experience. Wish there were more people to play with at home.

If you live in Bergen or know anyone who plays Irish in Bergen it would make me really happy if you let me know.

By the way, I play whistles and flute…

Sigmund

Re: Any Norwegians here?

Sorry, can’t help but if you are heading to the Ronneby Festival in Sweden in a couple of weeks time (I have just found out it is a mere 15 1/2 hours drive from you!) then we can have some tunes there.

:-)

Hi!
I am norwegian. I currently recide in Trondheim though, where I study electrical engineering. In the regular holidays I go back to Hamar, so that brings us a bit closer together. but it’s still quite a bit of traveling required for us to meet up. Too bad we live so far apart, as I would love to have somebody to jam with. I play the irish flute, low/high whistle and guitar, so we can probably exchange a lot of information regarding playing etc.

We should meet up some time and create a small session if possible.

I reply in english as this is an english speaking forum : )

THanks for the replies, guys!

Sweden is to far away for me right now (i don’t have a car), but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Abraxas, I know, too bad we live in two different parts of the country. If I ever visit Tr.heim I will let you know.
I’ll send you a pm shortly.

Two weekly sessions in Oslo.

I’m in Sweden, down south, but there are too very good musicians playing Irish trad. that live in Trondheim. A Norwegian couple that play bouzouki and bodhran. We’ve been meeting up with them for a number of years now, at Willie Week, at the Copenhagen Irish festival, at Tönder festivalen etc. All I know are their first names though, Ketil & Kerstin, nice people. They play at some session in Trondheim so you should be able to find them. Try and get to the coming Tönder Festival www.tf.dk at the end of August, quite a few Irish artists are playing and there are sessions

I was in Bergen about 12 years ago. I didn’t meet any other musicians, but I do remember seeing an ‘Irsk Pøb’ and being told that there was Irish music played there. On the same trip, I did some busking in Oslo, where I teamed up for an afternoon with a fiddle/guitar duo called (if I remember rightly) Ingeborg and Rolf. No idea if they’re still in Oslo or how to contact them.

…I know Kjetil and Kerstin from the summer festival circuit around the West of Ireland. I don’t have their contact details either, but I suspect they might be lurking around this site somewhere.

Sigmund - Have you tried going to the Members page and plugging ‘Norway’ into the search box? It brings up quite a few hits - you could try emailing some of them privately.

Thanks for the advice, ragaman
Yes, more norwegians here than I thought. I will contact Kjetil and Kerstin if I ever go to Tr.heim.

The Irish music in the pubs here is usually pop-irish, Whisky in the Jar etc, and little session music..

A search of the sessions data base showed sessions at Oslo and Stavenger. They might be easier to get to for you