Upload - more Michael Gorman

Upload - more Michael Gorman

Here’s some more music from the Sligo fiddler Michael Gorman, an out-of-copyright recording made in 1956 in cahoots with Margaret Barry on tenor banjo.

The download link is http://www.mediafire.com/?yjmm2bgmjlg and you can find details of the tracks at http://www.folktrax-archive.org/menus/cassprogs/174.htm.

As before, this is a transcription from a cassette released by Peter Kennedy and, like more than a few of his I’ve encountered, features the sound of a stylus being lowered onto a transcription disc at the very beginning. I’ve included said noise for old time’s sake!

Posted by .

Re: Upload - more Michael Gorman

thanks downloading now

Wonderful! Many thanks, Floss the Tethers!

Many thanks, Floss!

Thanks!

Thanks havn’t had the chance to listen to it yet.
Hope it’s as good as the first one

That’s two pints I owe you ! Cheers Floss , you’re the man !!

I seem to be repeating myself but ….. thanks floss.

You’re a diamond. Thanks a million.

Your uploads have been invaluable to me in learning more about regional styles, besides being just enjoyable. Thanks again, FTT.

Thanks again!

thanks floss - chris

if you’re ever in portland, i owe you a few pints for all the stuff you’ve uploaded so far. thanks, floss!

thank you again, Floss

Ah, well, it’s just a great pity that this and so much other music no longer in copyright is not readily available and a sad fact that it probably never will be.

If all these offers of free pints in the US continue, I may be forced to take up the permanent visa which some misguided US immigration official granted me some years back.

Posted by .

Lovely man! I’m a Gorman and Barry fan from way back. Incidently - how does one floss tethers?