Gundagai in September

Gundagai in September

I’ve just booked my ticket for the Gundagai festival - the programme looks pretty interesting. Just wondering if anyone here is going. Anyone going to pre-session masterclasses or workshops?
Where are the best sessions? - although I’ll just be a listener at this stage.

Re: Gundagai in September

Isn’t that where the dog did unmentionable things in the food cintainer?

Container?

No, cintainer is how it’s pronounced, more cintayna really.

This post is the first I’ve heard about it and I’m not familiar with many of the performers. I’d certainly be getting along to The Selkies though.
Must keep the dates in mind for next year.

I am either going to the fiddle masterclass or else going to the Festival proper. I can’t do both; I’m leaning towards the festival.
Antóin Mac Gabhann is a legendary teacher but I’m not sure if I
want nine hours of class instruction. Last year just 45 minutes at
Caoimhin O Raghallaigh’s workshop was very helpful.
I’ll get chances to hear him at the Festival and I’m also interested in
concertina anyhow.

Ebor, the original was "The dog sat on the tuckerbox, 9 miles from Gundagai", but there was a parody where "The dog shat on the tuckerbox……….". The Australian pronunciation is container. Cintainer is a New Zealand affectation!Like Brid as in "rabbits brid very quickly".
Anyway along with Antoin, London’s Mick O’Connor , and Mick and Michelle Mulcahy will be there, along with Aoife Granville a fabulous flute player from Kerry. I’d imagine Jody Moran might turn up also. There should be some great tunes . Not to mention some of the locals. The Old Bank would be the place early on in the week. I’ve heard that Meath fiddler Michael McGorman is about???

I’m going to both the festival and the fiddle masterclass. It’s been a great little festival the last couple of years.

The Old Bank Tony? - found refs to "Old School", "old bridge," old gaol" and "old dog" - but nothing about an old bank :)

Tony I really enjoyed Gundegai last year and would really have loved to make it again; great line-up. Can’t say I remember an Old Bank either.

I’ve not been before but I think the Old Bank is a new venue, added this year as another session venue.

I think yool find that, un Noo Zild, rebbits breed vurry "queckly", not queekly es on the main lend.

Well, maybe, if someone asks me nicely .
And I get accomodation and a drinks rider,
MAYBE!

Someone needs to handle the bodhran literacy program.

Hup 2-3-4

Lookin forward to a few chewans meself. Had a great time last year.

Not going this year - can’t afford it. The tickets are very reasonable - it’s all the other costs I can’t handle right now.