Turas Go Tir na nOg

Turas Go Tir na nOg

I just got an album by fiddler Caoimhin O Raghallaigh titled "Turas Go Tir na nOg." I can’t find a track listing anywhere on the internet and was wondering if anyone out there in trad land has the info? You can post it in the recordings section.

This album is a beautiful example of Sliabh Luachra style fiddling, beautiful settings, arrangements and even cross tuning to get some excellent drones. Apparently it was recorded in a stairwell…it sounds lovely!

Thanks,
Cara

Re: Turas Go Tir na nOg

My mate Dan has moved into a small block which has a big stairwell which seems to have a superb acoustic, and I keep pestering him to either send all his neighbours out, or ask their co-operation, so we can try a few tunes there.

Sorry I can’t offer any help on your question.

Dave

Wow, where on earth did you get that? Is it the CD he recorded to raise funds so he could go and do volunteer work in Africa? What year was it recorded? There were only about 500 copies or something, and even Caoimhin doesn’t have a copy left!
David might know if it is the same one. The only other published recording I know of his, is the Kitty Lie Over album which came out this year, with the piper Mick O’Brien. (It’s absolutely gorgeous).

Posted by .

I did come upon a track listing online a couple of years ago (searching on "Kevin O’Reilly fiddle"), but I’ve just done a search and it seeme to have disappeared. There’s still a bit of outdated information on him, though.

Caoimh

I have no idea of the origins of the album in my little circle of tune-players, but a friend brought it over the other night and popped it on while we were getting ready to play some tunes. It’s a beautiful recording.
Cara

I just received the new CD, Kitty Lie Over, with Mick O’Brien and Caiomhin O’Raghallaigh. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

Joyce

Posted by .