Searching for the Elizabeth Crotty Concertina CD

Searching for the Elizabeth Crotty Concertina CD

Hi All,

I am desperately searching for a copy of the Elizaneth Crotty concertina CD, which was released by RTE many many years ago, and has since been deleted from their catalogue.

If anyone has one that they are willing to sell, or even lend me (I am more than willing to pay shipping/insurance both ways) could you please drop me a line, as a concertina play I am in love with the County Clare style and would love to hear this recording off the grand old lady herself!

Cheers,

Morgana aka Ptollemy

Melbourne, Australia
(Although currently in Ireland, and I don’t want to leave! 🙂

Re: Searching for the Elizabeth Crotty Concertina CD

Not sure which CD you

Morgana has already posted on Concertina.net about this and if I understand the posts, I believe the issue is that the CD is (what we call in the U.S., what do you call it?) "out of print." In other words, no longer available. So finding a last unsold copy or two may be a challenge. But I agree, try all those shops if you haven’t yet. We could be mixed up about this or you might find a stray one. Good luck. — Ken

Posted by .

Hi Morgana, if your travels in Ireland take you to Miltown Malbay Co. Clare, check out the library. They have a copy there for listening among other cool out of print stuff..

‘Morgen, Morgana!

I found a lengthy review of the CD, while I was looking for something else; it’s here:
http://www.mustrad.org.uk/reviews/crotty.htm
I’ve not read it, so I don’t know whether it gives any clues as to where you might pick up a copy. You could try emailing Rod at the mustrad site for help/advice. - rod@mustrad.org.uk - Good luck! and be sure to let us know whether you were successful. Of course, you might then be inundated with requests for copies …..

I have this CD, and it is indeed wonderful. I’ll bet you can find it online, Morgana, and will love the elegant simplicity of the music. I have learned several tunes from it, and get a charge out of thinking that I "learned" them from Mrs. Crotty, herself. Good luck!

If you can’t find it I can make a copy for you just emai mel

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your great suggestions. I have emailed Celtic Grooves twice to order the recording over the last couple of weeks but have heard no reply. Unfortunately I had no luck tracking down a copy in Ireland, although I was unable to get to the Library mentioned above.

Oh well, the search continues 🙂

Cheers,
Morgana