Latest news on RyanAir…..

Latest news on RyanAir…..

….was the headline on the London Evening Standard last night ( not that I read it, it’s a rag, ) but there was the headline; RyanAir makes £500 million on the extras, or something like that.
Apparently that’s where they make their money.
Is anyone still convinced it’s a bargain to travel by them ? Apart from all their inconveniences, that is ?
And, of course, I won’t fly United, after their spectacular own goal over the guitar-breaking incident.

Re: Latest news on RyanAir…..

is it true that ryan air will give you a discount if they stack you in the baggage hold?

I fly the airlines that are going where I want, when I want, for a total price I can afford and ignore all that other stuff.

If you can show me a faster and cheaper way of getting from Aberdeen to Dublin than Ryanair, I’m all ears

Posted by .

I agree with the last post there.
I’m not interested in what they charge for. If they want to charge me for the in-flight magazine - let ‘em. If they’re the easiest route to where I want to go I’ll pay.
People have been making a big deal out of Ryanair’s charges for too long. If you don’t like it don’t use them - simple!

Thing is, they keep coming up with new small print swindles so it’s got to point them out to others.

Re:All airlines

Show me an airline that has honest and upfront pricing and I’ll show you an airline about to go out of business. They all tack on extra charges: priority (first on) boarding, seat choice, handling fee, baggage charge, stale bologna sandwiches, tax, administrative fees, airport charges, headphone, toilet (I don’t think Ryanair followed through on that one, but we’ll find out next month). It seems very seldom that you have a choice of airlines flying the same route. At least out of Shannon that is the case.

BTW, did you know that you can avoid the so-called ‘credit card handling fee’ by using a Visa Electron card?

It’s a debit card - you can get one in the UK by opening an Easycash account with Halifax. (I’m not sure how you get one in Ireland.)

This saves you £5 per passenger per flight.

There’s no airport near me that has direct flights to Ireland, so I’ve got to pay at least a hundred Euro for the first 400km. If MO’L can carry me over the next 600km for under a tenner, that’s fine by me … In August, he only charged me 6€ all-in for myself+2 teenagers, return … and I got 10€ cashback 🙂

Keep hiding the charges, Michael. Thanks.

I believe ryanair is now charging divorced couples for their emotional baggage

Posted by .

Latest - positive - airline experience (but it works only if you´re into Cape Breton and Quebec music: fly IcelandAir into Halifax, Nova Scotia (a city which also has good Irish music sessions): they use Reykjavik as a hub - so there should be flights from London or Dublin - are always on time, friendly attendants, reasonably priced - and you don´t have to take the extras they charge for (snacks; soft drinks/coffee are complimentary)

Posted .

"I believe ryanair is now charging divorced couples for their emotional baggage"

Nice one…
🙂

Re: Latest news on RyanAir….. Neo-Liberal Fascism.

Ryanair pilots routinely disobey Air-Traffic Control in order to save on fuel (as per their orders); they punish pilots who, for safety purposes, keep more than the legal minimum of fuel for a flight; they do amateur running repairs with duct-tape while abroad so they can avoid paying for repairs abroad, they wait ‘til they’re back home to save money (and if people should die on the way, who cares!, so long as its money-hungry owner keeps filling his pockets!)

This company has such total distain for workers’ rights, for the safety of their passengers, and for the disabled, it’s no wonder it’s funding the ‘Yes’ campaign in “Operation ‘DO WHAT YOU’RE TOLD!’” (the Lisbon Treaty / E.U. Constitution second referendum in Ireland). Anti-democratic, pro-Arms-Trade, Anti-Workers’-Rights, Pro-Monetarist, Anti-Society, Anti-Humanity, and of course, Anti-Musician.

Have some self respect: Don’t fly with Ryanair and Vote ‘NO!’ to Lisbon to keep Self-Determination in Ireland and throughout Europe.

I don’t see the connection I am afraid since the person who owns Ryan Air is very anti EU too.
He thinks it’s far too left wing.🙂 protectionist and in favour of unions.

I was going to join the footstompin forum to add some experiences, but the buggers want your address and phone number to register, so my foot remains unstomped.

Anyway, 7 of us and 22 instruments went to Portugal last year with Ryanair, and it was all fine. However, it was a hugely stressful time for me as organizer of the tickets. Once we were in the air on the way back, I was able to relax, and got so off my face on mini bottles of wine that someone from Ryanair had to bring me my carry-on bag in the baggage reclaim area as I’d walked off the plane without it.

Anyway, expensive though it all was (not just the wine) it was a LOT cheaper than any other way of getting there. Just make sure your instruments are insured (not like that plonker with his guitar who got it trashed by United - what was he thinking, travelling with an uninsured instrument?)

Re: Latest news on RyanAir….. Neo-Liberal Fascism.

"I don’t see the connection I am afraid since the person who owns Ryan Air is very anti EU too."

The EU is now quite anti-union, and Lisbon will make it even worse (and he has given the Yes campaign a vast amount of money, as have European Arms-Manufacturers), but I’m sure his dream-arrangement is even more right-wing, probably involving him owning slaves. He treats Ryanair staff appallingly, I haven’t flown with them in over 10 years and I never will again. I don’t know why anyone would ever want to give him money. And if you’ve watched the 3 documentaries on its awful safety and how terribly the staff are treated, I’m sure most people would not use this airline.

Anybody going through Birmingham and southhampton airports over the summer were "treated" to yet another ryanair policy….that of employing " Bouncers" at each gate to give a " final inspection"of hand luggage…my fiddle was deemed too large and I had to pay 40 sterling for the pleasure of having it stowed down below…… I recently bopught a 3\4 size fiddle case and modified it to take a full size fiddle! It’s still 2 cms outside the 50cm height limit for hand luggage

I always fly with Yorkshire Airlines, no charge for the outside toilets, whippets and pigeons travel free and you even get a complimentary beef-dripping sandwich.