End caps and silver rings for Irish flutes

End caps and silver rings for Irish flutes

Hi.
My name’s Thomas and this is my first entry on the session.

I have a question I hope someone might be able to answear.

I have just ordered an Irish Flute made out from the R&R (Rose & Rudell) flutes and it is such a beatiful flute. The only thing that could make it even more beautiful was to have the metal rings exchanged with some engraved silver rings. I have bin looking around the net to find someone who sells rings and end caps and that kind of accesories for irish flutes.

Does anyone know of a place to by this?

Kind regards
Thomas

Re: End caps and silver rings for Irish flutes

Thomas, why don’t you ask the maker of your flute? I’d think these things would have to be fitted to your particular flute anyway. It may be that "one size roughly fits all", but "roughly" isn’t good enough.

Yes. Your best bet would be to ask whom ever made the flute. There are standard sizes, but you can’t assume anything.

Posted by .

I thought it might be something like that 😏 the problem is that the maker only makes plain metal bands and I would like to have some silver ones with some celtic artwork.

But I guess the best thing would be to take the rings to a silver smith and then let him make some silver rings for it and then again find someone who could engrave them. Just sounds complicated and expensive.

But thanks for the tips 🙂

get your ring engraved and silver plated! shouldn’t be too painfull

Go to the Chiff & Fipple flute forum and address a post to Jon Cochran. He’s located in Southern California and could almost definitely help you.

Posted by .

Jon does great things with silver. Do contact him.

Posted by .