Tune like Musical priest but not

Tune like Musical priest but not

I’m looking for a tune, a reel. Part of it sounds like the middle part of Musical Priest but I don’t think the tune is Musical Priest. I thought the name of the tune was Mother’s Delight, but I looked here and it’s not the same. The tune has at least 3 parts and I think it’s in D minor. Do you have any ideas?

Re: Tune like Musical priest but not

You might find something by going to Tunes and searching for all reels in B Minor. Mind, there appear to be 10+ pages of these.

Um…searching for reels in B Minor won’t help if it’s in D minor.

Julia Delaney

Have you been watching the Transatlantic Sessions? They’ve played both Julia Delaney’s and An Phis Fliuch this season but they called An Phis Fliuch ‘the Bride’s Delight’ (as I’m sure it is).

Julia Delaney doesn’t have at least three parts.

No, it doesn’t granted, but when played as a double reel it doesn’t half go on a bit & I have a feeling it’s the tune that sbhikes is looking for.

Yes. Julia Delaney is it. I knew it was a common one but I couldn’t remember and I’ve never learned it. I guess it doesn’t have 3 parts, but maybe something they play afterward does. I wasn’t sure. Thanks.

@GaryAMartin:

That’ll teach me to read the instructions..!

Hum a few bars tomorrow night 8-)

Posted by .

The Musical Priest is a reel version of William Marshall’s strathspey The North Bridge of Edinburgh (Bmin) which he also published as Belhelvie House (Cmin) - were you somewhere where that might have been played?