string identification

string identification

Does anyone know this string brand?
Tail: G-black….D-green….A-Blue––E- dk purple

Pegs: black/gold….green/gold…..blue/gold….purple? blk/gold

Thanks much!

Re: string identification

I had a cheap fiddle made in china that I think those were the colors. I sold it to a friend and I think she still has them on it. I’ll have to look at it next time we play together (should be next sunday), If so, I’ll let you know.

PS. the gold was like a wound thread if I remember, is that how yours is?

The strings came with the student model of a Stentor… the owner doesn’t know what kind they are.
Thanks to you both for the charts…..will come in very handy!

Barry….yes the gold is a wound thread. Thanks in advance for finding out. 🙂

Well, I got a chance this morning to talk to her and those are the colors. But I dont know if this helps because I still dont know the brand, but they did come on a new chinesse violin. If I can find any thing more I’ll let you know.

Thanks Barry…..the strings seem to have big volume and a nice ringing quality [at least on the Stentor] so I’d like to give them a try.

I just got a reply from Stentor and the strings are not a particular brand……they are “standard factory-fitted” strings that Stentor puts on those models.
Thanks for your efforts!

so can you buy sets from them baylady ?

Barry……no unfortunately you can’t order these strings. Stentor just suggested that I buy mainstream strings that are already on the market. [ex. Dominants]

just out of curiousity, these are not Stentor© or Astrea strings, right?

Posted by .

No they are not……the Stentor rep who emailed me, said that these strings are not under a brand name. It would seem that the only way to get them is to buy the fiddle that comes with them. 😉