A trad twist to the thanksgiving tale

A trad twist to the thanksgiving tale

One of the other websites I run is a site called Huffduffer, a place for gathering together audio from ‘round the web so that people can generate their own custom podcasts.

I found a story from The Moth podcast (a collection of people standing up and telling true stories in front of an audience) that I thought sounded intriguing, so I "huffduffed" it.

The description was simply "An American man goes in search of Thanksgiving in Ireland." But when I got ‘round to listening to my Huffduffer podcast, I was surprised (and delighted) to find a connection to Irish traditional music.

Have a listen for yourself, and see if you can spot the trad twist before it’s revealed:

http://huffduffer.com/adactio/13118

Re: A trad twist to the thanksgiving tale

Never spotted the trad twist at all until wham ! now why didn’t i see that coming ? really excellent and funny story , I thoroughly enjoyed it

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Posted by .

Never saw that coming…great story, thanks for posting.

Excellent! Thanks for posting.

µ

Aaaahh…..yes. That truly warmed my heart. Hi Paddy, Hi Paddy, Hi Paddy, everyone knew him. Who was this guy? The mayor? chuckle, chuckle, chuckle……

Nice. 🙂

I love The Moth. The stories are all over the map, but always engaging. Thanks for this link, Jeremy. What a great tale. 😀

Nothing like a good story, and this guy really knows how to spin a good yarn!

I’ve been thinking about his story all day. Thanks for posting it, Jeremy.

Nice gentle American type humour..an acquired taste for non Americans surely.