I’m looking for an… un-traditional song…

I’m looking for an… un-traditional song…

As far as I know, it’s written by Solas guitarist Eamon McElholm, but I can’t find anything out about it… it’s not particularly Irish sounding, I suppose, but I figure this place would be my best bet on finding something out.

The only place I’ve seen it is in this video here:
http://www.kerrywhistles.com/cinema.php?task=4&groupID=29&movieID=453
(Titled Finnegan & Friendz)

The only words I could make out, at least at the beginning are:
"It’s a love song just for you, the best way I could tell you what you need to know.
It’s a love song plain and true. "

Google hasn’t been much help, with fairly generic lyrics like that…

Thanks all.

Re: I’m looking for an… un-traditional song…

(p.s. The song is about halfway through the video, which thankfully has a seek function, and is played right after Flook’s "Granny" set)

It sounds kind of like it could be… but I’m not so sure.

I believe it may be the only song with that topic that Eamon McElholm wrote. Sorry I couldn’t check the video - the seek function did not work on my system.

Those lyrics don’t appear on any of Eamonn’s songs on "Letting Go", Kevin - I just checked the CD liner notes. It happens to be at hand because I found it in a charity shop last week. Songs don’t do anything for me, I’m afraid, but some of the tunes are great.
Eamonn McElholm was in a group with Brian Finnegan called "Upstairs In A Tent". I still have a recording of them playing at Aberdeen Folk Club, I would think between 15 and 20 years ago. It’s possible that it’s from that period, and was never recorded. Best to try contacting Eamonn himself through the "Solas" website.

Posted by .

You often have to wait awhile before the seek function works, probably just has to load…

I’ll try that Kenny, thanks!

….if you want a non-traditional song there’s always "The Fields of Athenry"……..
Sorry. Do understand that wasn’t what you were after.