Scoiltrad - no video display

Scoiltrad - no video display

Greetings one and all

I recently purchased a Scoiltrad lesson for their premier education series. The lesson works fine except on those screens that should depict both the video and audio steps of the tune. If I remember rightly this is steps 1 and 4 of the class. On these screens all I get is a red cross-hatched box shown where the video should be. The accompanying audio track is also not heard.

Has anybody else experienced this glitch - for want of a better word? How did you overcome it? I assume it is software related.

I have contacted Scoiltrad and am awaiting an answer. I thought it also useful to seek a response from the session community.

Regards
Simon

Posted by .

Re: Scoiltrad - no video display

Hmmm. That generally means that something that is referenced there by the Director script is missing…I’d wait to hear back from the lads, probably Eoin, I’m guessing…

Thanks Zina. Will await their reply?

Posted by .

Sorry - drop the ? in the above reply. Was thinking one reply but submitted another.

Posted by .

Scoiltrad replied. Apparently I need to check the installation of Quicktime player.

Posted by .

Oh good. Hope it works…

I should finish this posting off. Conal replied to my email within 24 hours of sending - even taking in the different time zones. He suggested that Quicktime may not have been installed correctly. I reinstalled Quicktime and the lesson video and audio sections of the class display and sound as they should. Thus, problem resolved.

I am pleased with the customer service offered by Scoiltrad. Conal has replied quickly to my various emails regarding the class and tune phrasings. I will certainly consider trying another of their classes. In fact, I have one in mind. Now to convince my wife.

Cheers
Simon

Posted by .

Simon, yes, aren’t the guys great? Conal once called my house in Denver because my mail server was down and he couldn’t get hold of me that way when I had a problem loading down a file. Couldn’t believe it.

P.s.

What lesson did you get?