URGENT: Bulmer & Sharpley Publisher

URGENT: Bulmer & Sharpley Publisher

Hi all,

I need to know the original publisher of the Bulmer & Sharpley books “Music of Ireland” (specifically volume 2). I have a citation to do on this book but cannot find who the publisher is. I need to have this within 8 hours so if you can post it here, please do not hesitate!

All the best,

Paddy

Re: URGENT: Bulmer & Sharpley Publisher

It’s Bulmer & Sharpley. They published it.

Posted .

Lovely chaps, both of them.

I would assume Bulmer & Sharpley, but you’re probably not going to be responsible for including unavailable information in your citation/works cited list. It’s okay to not know the publisher if it’s not stated.

The Bulmer Sharpley collection was self published but distributed by CM Distribution - 24, Mercer Row, Louth, Lincolnshire, England.
Volume 2 was the most difficult to obtain of the 4, as it was had written, and more informal than the other three editions.

I believe that Dave Bulmer is still around and has answered questions about these important resources.

Good luck

‘had written’ should be ‘hand written’

Right, that’s grand. Thanks very much for the replies everybody. I’ll buy the next round 🙂

It may be worth having a look over on Mudcat for some interesting information on these gentlemen

Dave Bulmer & Neil Sharpley
Book 1, 1974: ISBN: 0-9503784-02
Book 2, 1974: ISBN: 0-9503784-10
Book 3, 1976: ISBN: 0-9503784-4-5
Book 4, 1976: ISBN: 0-9503784-?

Celtic Music ~ from the introduction to Book 1
24, Mercier Row
Louth
Lincolnshire
England

Bulmer and Sharpley’s early work is to be highly commended.
It is my understanding that since then Dave Bulmer acquired the rights to a large number of early folk music albums, and, perhaps because he ran out of energy and initiative, has resolutely refused to re-release these items.
If this be true it is rather a pity that he maintains this dog-in-the-manger attitude, when modern technology has rendered re-issueing these items to a waiting audience relatively cheap and easy.

I got a nice set in a charity shop in Whitby last year. Try eBay

Mine are now quite battered in the binding, from general use and being carried about.
Has anyone had experience of trying to re-bind them ?